Wave Maker for 40 Breeder

littlerhodyreefs

BRS Member
Hey all,

I was looking for some opinions on a wave maker for my 40 breeder coral/frag grow out tank. I combined a 20 cube and a 10 into the 40 breeder and I didn't have room for a sump so it is set up HOB with a Tidal 110 and a Tidal 35. Its been running for a few weeks now with a Jebao SLW- 10 just to have some flow for the moment. I am getting a wave maker this week but was looking for opinions on what I should get.

Right now I think I am going to stay budget friendly and local with a Reef Breeders RP-M V2. what do you guys think? Is the Reef Breeders a good budget friendly wave maker under 150-200?

-For people interested the Tidal 35 was running on 10G for 8-9 Months and the bio media from the 20G all went into the Tidal 110. Tidal 35 is running as over kill until skimmer gets added. also will allow for a stand alone filter to run any other media like GFO if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpg
    IMG_5001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 59
Depends on what you want to keep in it. I like the gyre powerheads and run 2 of them in my 40b.

I have yet to set my 40 breeder up but I grabbed a Jebao mcp-70 it’s a gyre powerhead that’s adjustable from 925-1850 gph. Tested in my tub seems to move water well and it has different flow patterns and other features as well I don’t remember and it connects to your phone.

I have a deep blue “57 gal” same footprint a little taller than 40B. Running a Jebao SCP-90 gyre on one end and SLW-10 or 20 on the other. Super cheap setup but working well. The benefit of two Jebao devices is they can be connected master/slave style to make a standing wave or alternating side flow. I’ve been liking this for mixed reef, not a lot of dead spots. Prob not quite enough for SPS dominant

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back