Weird Creepy Crawly Thing

AC_Rhino

Non-member

So I have what appears to be one or more really small nudibranchs in my tank that I can’t ID. They are about 2MM and glow bright orange like the micro zoa in this picture … any ideas?

Sorry about the picture quality … but these things are SO small.

Attachments

• 20180422_194904_resized.jpg
    20180422_194904_resized.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 20180422_195048_resized.jpg
    20180422_195048_resized.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 20180422_195053_resized.jpg
    20180422_195053_resized.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 318
  • 20180427_220308_resized.jpg
    20180427_220308_resized.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
It looks like you have quite a few Zoas in your tank. Zoa eating nudis will chew them quick. You may want to pull your Zoas and dip the hell out of them.

Ok I extracted the little fekker and can't see anymore ... but I will keep my eyes open for them. I would have to dismantle the whole tank to get that rock out to dip so this prevention will need to do for now.

Attachments

• 20180428_105059.jpg
    20180428_105059.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 277
Ok I extracted the little fekker and can't see anymore ... but I will keep my eyes open for them. I would have to dismantle the whole tank to get that rock out to dip so this prevention will need to do for now.

That is absolutely a zoa eating nudi. Watch your zoas. If there are more they can mow them down pretty quick.

I recently dealt with this, if you can, pull out all your zoas and dip them, then keep them out of the tank. They’ll die without food. Also, look out for the zoas that are closed up, chances are tiny nudis are munching on them.

When dipping, make sure to put them in strong current for the chemicals to make their way to all the cracks and spaces between the polyps. You should end up seeing numerous dead nudis floating around after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently dealt with this, if you can, pull out all your zoas and dip them, then keep them out of the tank. They’ll die without food. Also, look out for the zoas that are closed up, chances are tiny nudis are munching on them.

When dipping, make sure to put them in strong current for the chemicals to make their way to all the cracks and spaces between the polyps. You should end up seeing numerous dead nudis floating around after.

I think that I might have one frag that matches this description. I can't keep the frags out of the tank ... but I will try to do a long iodine dip tonight for a few hours.

Damn came home today to one of my zoanthid frags closed up, remembered this post and sniped this guy on the plug

Attachments

• IMG_2060.JPG
    IMG_2060.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 184

So I have what appears to be one or more really small nudibranchs in my tank that I can’t ID. They are about 2MM and glow bright orange like the micro zoa in this picture … any ideas?

Sorry about the picture quality … but these things are SO small.

They are evil. They’ll eat your zoanthids and pally’s. Unfortunately they resist pretty much any sort of dipping out there. You have to physically remove them. I heard the 6line wrasse eats them.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back