weird tiny copepod sized slug things

Budget_Reef

Non-member
20200922_100212.jpg

What is this. I just noticed them but there's allot they move around like a flatwom but don't look like one, i have also noticed some of my monti has started to die, hopefully they aren't montipora eating nudibranch

They do but the issue im finding is these don't have any extensions or extra shapes like most nudibranchs and they are so small, i also only see them on the glass

I would also like to post whats happening to my monti if anyone has any input, I'm suspecting it is slow tissue necrosis but not sure,
20200922_095532.jpg
20200922_104712.jpg

Not sure about the white “slugs”.
The montipora looks like the death caused by Montipora eating nudibranch.

Have you examined the underside of the montipora for nudibranch?

i've had the monti for over a week now and this only started the beginning of yesterday, there hasn't been any new corals since so i'm not sure why its happening now, i believe it is a different issue because yesterday i had to add allot of freshwater after i lost water from evaporation with around three days of ni top off (i only got rodi water yesterday that's why i couldnt top off) the chalice i have was also not happy at all after i did that, that day so i believe it is probably because of the top off, freshwater salinity swing issue

Not sure about the white “slugs”.
The montipora looks like the death caused by Montipora eating nudibranch.

Have you examined the underside of the montipora for nudibranch?

I just checker my monti on the under and top side with no sign of nudibranches, still have no clue what these white "slugs" are

That is usually RTN from what I’ve seen with my previous montipora losses. Now I will frag montiporas if they look like that. I’ve tried leaving them alone before but they usually completely die unless the dead parts are cut off.

That is usually RTN from what I’ve seen with my previous montipora losses. Now I will frag montiporas if they look like that. I’ve tried leaving them alone before but they usually completely die unless the dead parts are cut off.
Ok thanks! Just cut off the part just incase It was RTN

Attachments

• 16007970914055048491447244448815.jpg
    16007970914055048491447244448815.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 312
Those look like planaria, not nudibranchs. Usually those tiny planaria are fairly harmless unless they’re in absolute plague proportions. They can be eliminated with various chemical treatments if you want, but probably not worth it.

For what it’s worth, montipora eating nudibranchs are white and look kind of frilly.

Those look like planaria, not nudibranchs. Usually those tiny planaria are fairly harmless unless they’re in absolute plague proportions. They can be eliminated with various chemical treatments if you want, but probably not worth it.

For what it’s worth, montipora eating nudibranchs are white and look kind of frilly.
Yea I thought the same thing

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back