Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED], nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of [ARG:2 UNDEFINED] reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.Access to this web site and use of the forums and other services offered here are subject to the terms and conditions of this user agreement and copyright notice and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademarks. By accessing the services herein provided, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms and conditions in this user agreement. The Boston Reefers' Society reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. If and when any changes are made, they will be posted and announced. By using the services of this web site, you agree in advance to accept any changes. Violations of the User Agreement (UA) may result in a suspension of access to the forums, or in a permanent ban and revocation of forum membership/access.
0. ACCOUNT: Individuals may only set up and use a single account on the system. Any attempt to circumvent this rule or obfuscate your access to the system so that multiple accounts would otherwise not be detected, is prohibited. You MUST provide a valid email address. You are prohibited from accessing the system from any "anonymized" system; any account found to be using an anonymous proxy server or similar service will be banned.
1. POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This includes posting matter of a religious nature. In addition, you agree not to post for the purpose of increasing your post count or similar reasons. This forum is a family-oriented forum; posts should not contain material that would not be permitted on primetime television. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless The Boston Reefers' Society and representatives (hereafter may be referred to as "BRS" or "the BRS") against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We (the BRS) reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: The Boston Reefers' Society's forums exist for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. Other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and may be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, The BRS defines ?commercial post? as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as ?commercial.? Hobbyist sales of livestock, equipment, and general household items are permitted. Non-sponsor business sales are not permitted. Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, The Boston Reefers' Society reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the ?intent? of the ?commercial post? policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.
2.1. COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: Any member that has any commercial connection to a product or company, or to a directly competing product or company, must clearly divulge that relationship when posting a comment about that product or company. For the purposes of this system, "commercial connection" would include family and similar close relationships.
2.2 EMPLOYEES OF HOBBY-RELATED BUSINESSES MUST IDENTIFY THEMSELVES: If you work for or own a local shop, or a sponsor, or a manufacturer that makes or sells marine/reefkeeping supplies you must identify yourself on the BRS forum. Either in your custom user title, user name, or in your signature you need to make this clear: You must at least stipulate "LFS employee". This policy will be strictly enforced. If it applies to you, please make the necessary changes in your sig/users name/custom user title. Clarification of the signature rules will be posted within the BRS forums. Further sub-forum posting rules will also apply to employees and owners of hobby-related businesses. These rules will be posted within the BRS forums.
3. AVATARS, SIGNATURES, TITLES AND PROFILES: All terms and conditions of this User Agreement apply to these areas as well. An avatar or signature may not contain commercial names, graphics, logos or URLs - except in the case of BRS sponsors, who may promote their own business.
4. CONTROL OF INFORMATION: You acknowledge that The Boston Reefers' Society does not control the information available on the message boards, chat rooms and other user and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors and they are solely liable for their content. Although The Boston Reefers' Society may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, message boards and other user and member-generated pages on this web site, neither The Boston Reefers' Society nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors is under any obligation to do so. The Boston Reefers' Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, message boards or on any other user or member-generated pages.
5. NO WARRANTY: The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. They are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither The Boston Reefers' Society nor its affiliates endorse or are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement on the service or the sites.
6. OWNERSHIP OF POSTS: Any communication or material you post or transmit is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant The Boston Reefers' Society the perpetual right to display this material on its web sites. The Boston Reefers' Society makes no ownership claims to any material you post or transmit and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator, with individual exceptions such as contest entries specifically labeled as such when solicited.
7. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Your use of this web site is at your own risk. Neither The Boston Reefers' Society, nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of this web site and the information available on this web site or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on this web site. You hereby waive any and all claims against The Boston Reefers' Society arising out of your use of the services of this web site and the information available thereon. The Boston Reefers' Society does not review or monitor any web sites linked to the member-generated content of this web site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
8. PRIVACY: We will not offer any information about you to any company. However, you should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, street address, etc.) on a bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. The BRS does reserve the right to collect and use summary, or aggregate data about forum users.
9. JURISDICTION: This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the services of this web site shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.