Oceanus

Thread: fire shrimp fry

Default fire shrimp fry

ok so i look look at my tank and my fish start going nuts im like wtf so i look closer and see a tone of like tiny brine shrimp looking things they look like small clear lobsters i have 2 fire shrimp in here im thinking they are from them i saved probably like 20 in a clear hang on container what do i feed them and how can i attempt to raise them

can i have some?

well if i can get em to last i dont mind sharing i went to petco and bought one of thoes hang on breeder nets and put em in ther and put some first bites food in idk what im doing this was a complete surprise to me at 830 lol but im sure if they did it once they will do it again im also waiting for my clowns to start theyve been together for about 6 months now and are always together so i should probably figure out how to raise the babies of all them

The clowns could be together for years until they mate or it could be months or even never. But once they do you will be all set. Go onto YouTube and type clownfishdirect and see how he mates, seem like a good way.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by drunkintimmy View Post
    well if i can get em to last i dont mind sharing i went to petco and bought one of thoes hang on breeder nets and put em in ther and put some first bites food in idk what im doing this was a complete surprise to me at 830 lol but im sure if they did it once they will do it again im also waiting for my clowns to start theyve been together for about 6 months now and are always together so i should probably figure out how to raise the babies of all them
    most likely you're going to have to set up a dedicated rearing tank if you actually want to try this. start culturing rotifers and phyto, and google around and find out how long the larval freeswimming stage is. with peppermints it's around 6 weeks, with cleaners it's around 16, so you might be in for a long haul.