naturesocean

Thread: Congo African Grey with cage

Senior Member WoodRiverTroutBum's Avatar

Default Congo African Grey with cage

I have a very young Congo African Grey parrot with a huge Prevue cage. We are about to start traveling a lot and don't want him to have to deal with the stress of having a stranger come to feed him while we are not here. He is 100% healthy and has no bad habits at all. We bought him from a breeder in Philly, not from a pet store so he has never been around sick birds or bad conditions. I am looking to get around $600 for him which is just over what the cage alone costs. Please don't message me telling me you already have a cage because it will be stressful enough on Skippy to be going to a new home, to go to a new home and a new cage isn't acceptable. Please know about these parrots because I want him going to the best home possible. He is a great bird and I feel horrible letting him go and not fulfilling my responsibilities by providing him a home for life but things have changed and I want what is best for him.

hello i'am gonna see if if we have the extrar money .can you send some pictures please to surfnturfma@aol.com. do you know it's a a male for sure and does it prefer a male or female or anyone. last ? his diet is it seed or the pellet fourm thanks don sorry ment to send this as a pm but someone else might have the same ??
    Last edited by don in mass; 06-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    RED SEA MAX 250, MAXSPECT MAZARRA LEDS, DELTECT 600 SKIMMER ,MP40,MP10, BAT BACKUP,JBJ 300 WATT TRUE TEMP HEATER ,2 SICCE PUMPS, Aquaroche ROCK ,

Hey Don, I will be happy to get you pictures. He is a DNA proven male. Before I left to work out of town for 3 months he liked both me and my girlfriend and wasn't fresh with either of us. After I left and came back he was a little nervous around me but is starting to get used to me again. I think he just got used to only my girlfriend and the dogs being around while I was gone. He is just about 2 years old. As far as his diet we try to mix it up between the pellets and seed and he also LOVES fresh corn on the cob and boiled chicken as treats. He has one toy that he sometimes gets mad and squaks at because it is one he can't pull apart lol but besides that he is a very quiet but talkative bird. The best part is he stays silent until he knows people are awake! I will get pictures in the morning as he is sleeping right now but feel free to ask any more questions you may have. Thank you.

Alex

So sorry for the delay on the pictures. I ended up going straight to the river and was there until around 10:30 so I wasn't able to get pictures. I looked on the computer but all the ones on here are from last year.

interested in this if you can post pics
    Elos System 70

Is Skippy still looking for a new home? I might know someone who is interested.
    72 g bowfront - T5 w/30 gallon sump
    65 g RSM - led, mixed reef
    29 Biocube - lps reef, 14 Biocube - lps/nursery
    28 JBJ HQI - sps/nursery

So sorry for the delay! Things have been super busy. Here are a couple pictures taken earlier today. Name:  DSCN2219.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  48.0 KBName:  DSCN2223.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  48.0 KB

Going in to the planning stages of a couple extended trips and would like to see Skippy go to a new home soon. I am open to offers so feel free to shoot some my way. The worse that can happen is I say no thank you.

Edit* I really hate to put him on craigslist. In my opinion people that can invest the time and effort in to reef tanks are more likely to take care of him well. Too many people on CL seem to get animals just to have them sit in the corner not getting any attention.

I think Skippy may be going to a new home. Will be talking to the people more tomorrow but they seem like a great family for him. Thank you very much to those of you that have offered to foster and/or babysit skippy if we needed it. It is appreciated.