250 replacement

hawaii

well guys i ask your your help one more time. i am replacing my 250 d-e 10k bulbs. they are 9 mos old and would like to replace them .i would like a good name of them. also the k factor.so should stay with 10k or go to a 13 or 15k. i have a 180. with more softies then sps but i have a lot of corals in general. so thanks for all your help once again. and best place to get them i need 3 of them. hope it came out ok to understand. ;)

for softies you can get away with slightly higher, but I really like AB 10K's just cant afford them, so Im using xm 10ks. I like them as well. The higher K you go the less growth you can potientally get. Its all about what you like. general rule 20K - blue 10k - white 6K - yellow....

so there are many variations. and dont forget when looking bulb vs bulb. 10 XM doesnt equal the same color of 10K ab and so on.

My personal favorite bulb is the Giesemann Megachrome Coral 14.5K. I love the color that it gives off, and the intensity. I have literaly watched several corals go from brown to pink under these bulbe in 3 weeks. They where under Hamilton 14K.(which to the eye where very blue and not that intense) No need for actinic supplements, although I still need them :) I would like to try the Aquaconnect bulb, I just can't afford them.

Back