Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS Position - President

Real Name - Paul
IMG_20180701_140831.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Years ago a friend and roommate gave me this name and it has since stuck. Probably has something to do with my 6'5" big guy stature.

Current Tank Specs - 100 Gallon Cadlights Artisan II 48x24x20 Display Tank, 80 Gallon Deep Blue Frag/Xtra Water Volume. Both connected by a Trigger Systems 34 Gallon Sump, Reef Octopus Elite 200 skimmer, GHL Profilux P4 controller, GHL Doser, Geo CaRx, Carbon Doser, Kamoer Fx-stp Doser for CaRx, 48" 8 bulb ATI Sunpower and 48" Reef Brite XHO

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/biggies-build.169888/

Area of Strength in the hobby - Helping with the day to day operations of this club and website. Always try to remain teachable. Hopefully, growing epic SPS in the future.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club way back in 2004 under a different screen name as I was just starting off in saltwater. Had freshwater tanks as a kid years prior.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - Probably playing video games, I'm a sucker for grinding GTA V and Battlefield 2042 currently.

Current Tank Photo -
PXL_20221231_182245573 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Screen Name - @Cpage101

Current BRS Position - Vice President

Real Name - Corey
89C791F5-B605-4B15-B3C7-D2379F2B7E7A.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - (cpage101) I have had this screen name since the early days of AOL. I use this for all my accounts so I only have to remember 1 screen name.

Current Tank Specs - 120 Gallon All-Glass aquarium 48” x 24” x 24” I run 48” photon v2+ led with aquatic life T5 hybrid with (3) ATI blue + and (1) ATI coral+. (2) gyre 330’s and (1) ecotec MP40. adding (2) more MP40’s soon. The heart of the system is monitored by many Neptune apex items. I run Trigger sapphire 34 sump with Deltec xi1000 skimmer.

Link to Build Thread -http://bostonreefers.org/forums/ind...0g-build-emoji102.157400/page-12#post-1429014

Area of Strength in the hobby - Not sure if I have a real strength but I am very detailed and a little ocd to get to the bottom of issues. I do a lot of research and will not give recommendations if I have never done it, encountered it myself or owned the specific piece of equipment.

Years in the hobby
- 11 years- I Joined this club in 2013. I never had an aquarium before. I jumped in feet fist with a solid 2 weeks or research (not google!) my first build was a 55g saltwater system. I then did a build of a 40G breeder before doing a tank transfer of them both to my current 120G system in 2017 I did have my share of ups and down as all reefers do, but in my short 11 years I have learned what I feel like a lifetime of information and still learn everyday.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping -I enjoy other hobbies such as Mtn. biking, hiking, and building things I wish were already made.

Current Tank Photo - 12/28/24 :) :p getting a little crowded in there.

Tank Shot Dec 2023.jpg

Attachments

• 6B9933C9-81BC-4E15-B752-68CC50F1F9B6.jpeg
    6B9933C9-81BC-4E15-B752-68CC50F1F9B6.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Screen Name - @scavdog

Current BRS Position - Vice President of Public Relations

Real Name - Joe

20201110_093608.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - (Scavdog) This name stretches wayyy back to the early days of Internet Relay Chat (IRC). Over the years it just stuck.

Current Tank Specs - 60 Gallon Custom Starfire Cube (24"x24"x24") tied into a 250 gallon sump and a 60 gallon frag tank.

Link to Build Thread -

Area of Strength in the hobby -
I've been doing this for years. I have strength in maintaining the attitude that I will always have something to learn.

Years in the hobby - 20. I started in freshwater in the late 90's after college. I jumped into reefkeeping in 2001. Around the same time I connected with @MoeK (George Washington of the BRS) on Reefs.org . By 2001 we were meeting up in parking lots and restaurants to trade frags with an ever-growing group of people. By early 2002 I had the honor of co-founding the Boston Reefers Society with a handful of the coolest hobbyists (in my humble opinion) in the area. I served as VP of PR from 2002-2004 and President from 2005-2007. I also served on MASNA board for 3 consecutive years.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Family time, Cooking, Mountain Biking, Skiing/Riding, Kayaking and anything outdoors.

Current Tank Photo - 11/23/2020
20201123_171117.jpg

Screen Name - @Arsalan

Current BRS Position - BoD

Real Name - Arsalan

1269FD70-5D22-44A5-8044-8982C8CF6EC3.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - I tried to get super creative and then I completely failed.

Current Tank Specs - Red Sea Reefer Deluxe XL 525, OEM Red Sea Sump, Royal Exlusiv Bubble King 250 Skimmer, Vectra M1 Pump, 2 Vortech MP40, 2 MP10, 3 Radion XR30 G4, 36w UV Sterilizer, Neptune Apex Controller, Doser, Trident, ATO, GEO Calcium Reactor, GFO, Bio Pellets and Carbon reactors.

Link to Build Thread - Loading...

Area of Strength in the hobby - Continuous learning, builds and DIYs, automations, frying Apex components, ignoring Apex alerts, plumbing, collecting reef supplies, "setting up another tank".

Years in the hobby - I got my first fresh water tank when I was like 6, and graduated to reef tanks in 2014. I've setup up multiple tanks since then including a 210g that was plumbed through the house with a basement sump, lots of lessons learned and still counting.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - I have too many to pick from, so I'll mention the top 3; I love mountain biking and try to get on a bike daily. I live close to Middlesex Fells so I ride often. The next 2 hobbies go hand in hand, I love traveling and Scuba diving. Most of my trips are planned solely around diving, and some time gets topside.

9226BE04-27A6-42E1-B405-0C002FF9E2FB.jpeg

B119A68D-80E7-4B6A-B540-8A4ED9346568.jpeg

Current Tank Photo - (Or Video! - Live webcam)

94BE318F-79E7-4B25-9BE3-8CA123FEDFEF.jpeg
52D2EFD0-8440-4B7C-89C4-F5F60CEEC7EF.jpeg
C510F74D-CAE8-45FD-8B8D-0E008E4795E4.jpeg

Last edited:
@Officer please update you bios here with the same format as above.

Screen Name
Current BRS Position
Real Name
Why I chose my screen name
Current Tank Specs
Link to Build Thread
Area of Strength in the hobby
Years in the hobby
Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping

Screen Name - @Chris.sturgis

Current BRS Position - BOD

Real Name - Chris Sturgis

Why I chose my screen name - It's my name.

Current Tank Specs - 120ish total gallon system 80 gallon display with 30 gallon custom made grow out tank where the origonal sump was. Giesemann T5 hybrid with 2 ATI blue +, 1 ATI coral+, and 1 ATI actinic. I run 1 Maxspect gyre 330 and 2 AI Nero 5's. I have a Trigger Platnum sump and run UV and Ozone. Running Neptune Apex for a controller.
I also have a Waterbox 20 cube that is fillled with softies and i pretty much set it and forget it.
IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

Link to Build Thread - Chris.sturgis Build Thread

Area of Strength in the hobby - Definitly a master of none when it comes to this hobby but i learn by seeing what others do and by sometimes failing unfortunetly.

Years in the hobby - I have been keeping freshwater aquariums off and on throught my whole life but got my first Saltwater tank about 4 years ago. Started out with a small Fluval evo and quickly outgrew that. I went to school at Massachusetts Maritime Academy and graduated with a degree in Marine Safety and Environmental Protection so i have always had a love for the Ocean.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - Currently this is about the only hobby i have since i have 2 young sons (10 month old and a 2 years old). When time alows someday i will get back into cycling aswell as beekeeping which i have previously done.

Screen Name - @Tim_RI

Real Name - Tim
thumbnail.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - no reason, in particular. Popped into my head when registering on the site (I live in RI).

Current Tank Specs - Waterbox 125.3 (85 gal. DT). Akula UKS-160 skimmer, MP-40 (x2), Reef Mat 500, Icecap ATS, Hydros x4 and xp8 controllers, Versa dosing pumps (×2), Reefbreeders Photon V2. Moonshiner's method.

Area of Strength in the hobby - willingness to help when and where I can, knowing I have a lot to learn about the current state of the hobby.

Years in the hobby - started out in freshwater as a kid, saltwater as a teen, at it for about 10 years before getting out of the hobby for about 25 years due to work and life. Jumped back into saltwater about 2.5 years ago-wife said I needed a new hobby now that the kids are out of the house.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef Keeping - saltwater fly fishing

Current Tank Photo -
thumbnail (1).jpg

Screen Name - @Tim_RI

Real Name - Tim
View attachment 201256
Why I chose my screen name - no reason, in particular. Popped into my head when registering on the site (I live in RI).

Current Tank Specs - Waterbox 125.3 (85 gal. DT). Akula UKS-160 skimmer, MP-40 (x2), Reef Mat 500, Icecap ATS, Hydros x4 and xp8 controllers, Versa dosing pumps (×2), Reefbreeders Photon V2. Moonshiner's method.

Area of Strength in the hobby - willingness to help when and where I can, knowing I have a lot to learn about the current state of the hobby.

Years in the hobby - started out in freshwater as a kid, saltwater as a teen, at it for about 10 years before getting out of the hobby for about 25 years due to work and life. Jumped back into saltwater about 2.5 years ago-wife said I needed a new hobby now that the kids are out of the house.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef Keeping - saltwater fly fishing

Current Tank Photo -
View attachment 201255
Nice Haddoni!

Screen Name - @BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS Position - President

Real Name - Paul
View attachment 154432

Why I chose my screen name - Years ago a friend and roommate gave me this name and it has since stuck. Probably has something to do with my 6'5" big guy stature.

Current Tank Specs - 100 Gallon Cadlights Artisan II 48x24x20 Display Tank, 80 Gallon Deep Blue Frag/Xtra Water Volume. Both connected by a Trigger Systems 34 Gallon Sump, Reef Octopus Elite 200 skimmer, GHL Profilux P4 controller, GHL Doser, Geo CaRx, Carbon Doser, Kamoer Fx-stp Doser for CaRx, 48" 8 bulb ATI Sunpower and 48" Reef Brite XHO

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/biggies-build.169888/

Area of Strength in the hobby - Helping with the day to day operations of this club and website. Always try to remain teachable. Hopefully, growing epic SPS in the future.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club way back in 2004 under a different screen name as I was just starting off in saltwater. Had freshwater tanks as a kid years prior.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - Probably playing video games, I'm a sucker for grinding GTA V and Battlefield 2042 currently.

Current Tank Photo -
View attachment 187397

Beautiful set up

Screen Name- @mandarin

Current BRS Position- BOD

Real Name- Cory Durfee
697544A9-927A-4887-8559-53F6F7959461.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name- That’s my favorite fish

Current Tank Specs - Standard 125g display and 80g frag/display both tied to a diy 40g breeder sump. Tank is run on a full apex controller w/ trident.
125g-
3x AI hydra 32s
2x MP-40s

80g-
2x kessil A360x
1 MP-10
1 Nuro 5

Sump-
Ecotech Vectra M2 return pump
Eshopps s-300 skimmer
DIY acrylic filter sock holder running reef diapers.
Aqua ultraviolet 25w uv sterilizer

8B29C705-A557-43B2-8C21-7279BD283165.jpeg

Link to Build Thread -
https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/just-picked-up-a-125g-today.170230/

Area of Strength in the hobby- Never giving up….

Years in the hobby- I grew up having freshwater aquariums and started my first reef tank 15 years ago

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping-
3d printing at the moment

Last edited:
Great to virtually meet you all! I was a member from 2007-2012 then lived in cali for 10 years with some epic builds out there, now the Navy has me back here.

I see a few of you into bikes, we should chat, i was a lead design engineer and then global project lead for SRAM in California. Chances are decent that I had a hand in something on your bikes. I still ride some, i have a LOT of leftover new parts (anyone need carbon wheels or tires?!) and may try to ride more this spring/summer.

Heres a shot of my 150 cube in cali:
SSC1_Original.jpeg
tank1_Original.jpeg

Great to virtually meet you all! I was a member from 2007-2012 then lived in cali for 10 years with some epic builds out there, now the Navy has me back here.

I see a few of you into bikes, we should chat, i was a lead design engineer and then global project lead for SRAM in California. Chances are decent that I had a hand in something on your bikes. I still ride some, i have a LOT of leftover new parts (anyone need carbon wheels or tires?!) and may try to ride more this spring/summer.

Heres a shot of my 150 cube in cali:
View attachment 201284View attachment 201285
Dude LFG!! I'm more of a Shimano guy but not hating on Sram hahah. That's sick you used to work there! We should def connect.
Also sweet tank! Really nice stuff I see in there, well done sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back