3 Month Update on Parasitic Flatworms

It has been over 3 months since I discovered acro-eating FWs in my tank. I had been blasting all of my acros on a daily, then 2 day then 3 day basis. The blasting was done with a small powerhead tie-wrapped to the end of a long Kent algae scraping utensil. After the 2 month mark, only one colony became reinfested. So I began blasting daily again, watching my fish greedily fighting for the live food. I still see one or two FWs a day, or less but I think I am winning the battle. Also, there has been only mimimal damage to the one acro colony and the other colonies are thriving the way they did before the infestation.

I guess the lesson I learned is to not slack off on the blasting. It must be done daily for at least 3 months or perhaps more. I will continue to do daily blastings of all of my acros including my frags for another 3 months minimum and report my observations on a monthly basis. Hopefully, this will aid others who are unlucky enough to import this pest into their reef tank.

Chuck, thanks for the sharing this important information. Hopefully it will help others in the club if they should be so unlucky to get these little b&*&ds! I don't have any acros, so I'm pesty free!

FU ;) :)

starrfish said:
Chuck, thanks for the sharing this important information. Hopefully it will help others in the club if they should be so unlucky to get these little b&*&ds! I don't have any acros, so I'm pesty free!

F U ???? :confused:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: forget it!!!

Acros

Huh? What? No Acros? FU2 :p

Aquaman....it is a running joke between Daire and me. I'll tell you all about it if I see you at the next BRS meeting....pretty funny story :D

starrfish said:

Hey Chuck - tank is doing great. Things are finally stablizing and I actually have growth on my montis! Fish are big and fat....just the way I like them! Glad to hear your tank is coming along too...

Tank

Daire, glad to hear your tank is doing well. :)

starrfish said:
Hey Chuck - tank is doing great. Things are finally stablizing and I actually have growth on my montis! Fish are big and fat....just the way I like them! Glad to hear your tank is coming along too...

Back