A Blank Canvas

daves-reef

Non-member
I finally picked up real light for use over the 120 Tech tank. It's a used Outer Orbit 250 watt MH/T5 fixture with new bulbs installed. I hope to start adding a little color tomorrow. Planning on picking up a few select zoa and ricordia frags that -B- has been holding for me. Thanks again -B- for that and everything else. There also are few different donations to the Dave’s Reef Restoration project out their waiting to be picked up too.

I took a couple of pictures of how the tank looks empty of coral. I can't seem to capture the actual look and there not all that good. It looks much better in person. I don't know if it's the camera (my wife’s compact point and shoot) or the person behind it. Probably the latter or maybe both.

Attachments

• 120_new.jpg
    120_new.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 120_new1.jpg
    120_new1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 120_new2.jpg
    120_new2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 120_newa.jpg
    120_newa.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 201
continuation of my light post. lol. good fixture. Just sucks to get into the tank. I prop it up with a box when I need to get into it because I don't wanna hang it with my 12 foot ceilings in my room. Tank looks great though.

Nice set up... I'm def interested in how you like that powerhead... I've seen it and have been intereseted a few times to try it out in my tank...

So far I like the power head. I was debating on even trying it but I was looking for some dry goods on marine depot and saw it on sale for a really good price. Free shipping too. A super bargain if you look at from the equivalent cost by flow. So I decided to give it a shot. I like the nice wide flow it creates. Only thing I don’t like is there is no settings memory. If you turn it off it looses any delay setting and resets to the default 15 seconds. I have decided to leave it set there. I think the question now is how it will hold up over time.

The first touch of color.

Attachments

• 120_color1.jpg
    120_color1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 120_color2.jpg
    120_color2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 120_color3.jpg
    120_color3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 120_color4.jpg
    120_color4.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 147
And a few close ups.

Attachments

• 120_acan1.jpg
    120_acan1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 120_jgpp1.jpg
    120_jgpp1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 120_becsp1.jpg
    120_becsp1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 120_1zoa.jpg
    120_1zoa.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 120_2zoa.jpg
    120_2zoa.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 155
just remember that if you don't want zoos to take over rock... don't put them on your main rocks, but if ur a zoo freak like me, i put them on my rock... I LOVE ZOO'S... i just don't know if i should call them zoo's, zoa's or zao's...

Lol, there was a discussion about that on ReefCentral (i think) a while ago. The proper nickname for them is Zoas (since they're Zoanthids). But I don't think anyone has a problem with callin them zoos :p

Lol, there was a discussion about that on ReefCentral (i think) a while ago. The proper nickname for them is Zoas (since they're Zoanthids). But I don't think anyone has a problem with callin them zoos :p

when im talking to like my dad i say zoo and when im posting i say zoa. but how the heck do you pronounce zoa.....

just remember that if you don't want zoos to take over rock... don't put them on your main rocks, but if ur a zoo freak like me, i put them on my rock... I LOVE ZOO'S... i just don't know if i should call them zoo's, zoa's or zao's...

na just gota learn to frag in-tank. lol.....

Good advice, I actually took this into consideration when aquascaping. The rocks that I have placed zoas plugs in are actually seperate smaller rocks that I drilled plug holes in. They just look like they are part of the same rock work but thier is a gap between them and the other rocks. Hopefully this will keep them somewhat isolated. I can also remove a rock easly if needed.

Dave, don't forget to pick up the Aussie Watermelon Chalice I have put off to the side for you for the deal we made during your tank cycling process.

Is that an Acan I see in there?????
Where did that come from???
I believe it is "Unique" by way of Renato, I saw it and could not resist :).
-B- I wanted to stop by on Saturday just could not make it. Do you still have frags left of the Blasto I wanted when you fragged it?
Dave, don't forget to pick up the Aussie Watermelon Chalice I have put off to the side for you for the deal we made during your tank cycling process.
I haven't forgoten. I want to stop by and see your tanks. Maybe some time this weekend. Glad the diagram helped you out with the RO.

I also picked up another wish list Item.
Kryptonite Candycane
CIMG0419.jpg

Back