About to take the plunge - somebody stop me - LED

Tank dimensions 24.5 Wide x 18.5 front to back x 21 high. With probably 4 inches of sand.

Yes, you only need the app when you need to adjust the setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg, if you take a ride down to CRA in Seekonk, you can compare the the Hydra 24 and the Ecotech XR15. Jeremy has both up and running.The XR15 pro would handle that tank better than the Hydra. It's spread and intensity is very impressive.

>waste power on red and green led which is mainly responsible for disco ball effect<

It's funny, in the early 80's I got thrown out of a class for wearing a 'disco sucks' T-shirt, so I certainly don't want that, unless I'm dancing. Not sure I completely understand what the disco ball effect is with an LED light (like a mirror ball?). While I realize it's probably a waste of a few LED's as I understand it I can just power down the LED's that create this effect?

Regarding the Kessil. This is a spot light, right? I've had tanks with spotlights before and they cast weird/harsh shadows. Part of the reason I like the idea of the Hydra fixture in that light is coming from two different parts, spaced a few inches apart. So now I'll need two Kessils. The H80 at 15 W, is not going to be enough, even with a pair of them. So that means the Kessil A360WE at $399 each...Yikes! $800!! for lighting over a 37 gallon tank! or the Kessil A160WE at $239 each, $478 total, better but then I end up with one light blue and one white?

>waste power on red and green led which is mainly responsible for disco ball effect<

It's funny, in the early 80's I got thrown out of a class for wearing a 'disco sucks' T-shirt, so I certainly don't want that, unless I'm dancing. Not sure I completely understand what the disco ball effect is with an LED light (like a mirror ball?). While I realize it's probably a waste of a few LED's as I understand it I can just power down the LED's that create this effect?

People normally turn down the red and green. But thanks to the optic on Hydra, disco ball effect is not obvious.

Go with the hydra hd 52...I have many led's....this is my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_8698.JPG
    IMG_8698.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8699.JPG
    IMG_8699.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8700.JPG
    IMG_8700.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 149
Back