Any x10 people out there?

zev

Man of La Mancha
I need some help: I would like to set up my system for x10, basically I would like to have the 4 lights (daylight, actinics, moonlights, Fuge) on timers, as well as the main return pump and the ph pump to fuge on x10 for maintenence. I am low on space and getting to my plugs is hard.......any info on packages or just the pieces I need to buy. Also do x10's work off of power strips or do they need to be pluged into the wall?

Thanks

i got my x10's on ebay,found that to be cheapest,you can get a starter kit with a remote,reciever and one module for $20 something and then add appliance modules to save on the shipping 3 appliance modules are about $25.
They will work on a power strip,each module is coded to rtecieve an individual code sent out from the remote via the reciever the code is then sent out through your homes wiring,all recievers will recieve the signal but only the one coded to that particular digital signal will respond.
For the price i would recommend these to everyone,there is space on the remote to label everything so you can turn each component off without trying to remember which switch runs what.
Puts an end to fumbling around tracing wires trying to work out what plug you need to pull to shut down your return pump ;)
HTH,Liam.

Back