Anyone own AGA Classic Mission / Modern series?

reefsmurf

Non-member
Anyone own the new AGA Classic Mission stand? It is alot taller (34" i think) and has no front brace = easy access. Comes in maple, oak, and cherry. I think they used to call it the Modern Series.

They are pricey and people said bad things about the quality of them in the past. Just wondering if the new ones are any better. I know someone here on the board got one from MACNA in maple for a 120, it looks real nice.

http://www.all-glass.com/products/featured/classicmission/

the mission style is different from the modern style. both are taller stand, 32 or 34" i think. The mission stand is a veneer, not natural wood. for the price i would highly suggest the modern series (which is real wood) over the mission series

I'm pretty sure they used to label these stands as part the Modern series, and then renamed them to Classic Mission, so it's pretty confusing :/ The Classic Mission series looks much nicer than the current modern series, and doesn't have a front brace and is taller. Modern series is 28" high, almost can't fit a EuroReef in there.

sorry , youre right about the height. but modern series do not have a center brace either,,, i would suggest looking at a mission series in person before ordering one, i really wasnt impressed with the finish.

CoastalAnna said:
sorry , youre right about the height. but modern series do not have a center brace either,,, i would suggest looking at a mission series in person before ordering one, i really wasnt impressed with the finish.

Agreed, and nice way to tactfuly put it Anna, I've ordered 2 and had to ask each customer come in and look before installing.......each were returned :confused:
The good thing is that you can go custom for not a whole lot more.

Back