anyone wanna go in on an order at extreme corals with me this week?

I may be interested in some zoos. What day were you planning for delivery? Do you get free shipping after a certain $?
Ron

Hey, ive never done a group buy and i am also new here- i have a few questions. Is there an advantage on doing a group buy exept for reaching the free shipping $ limit? Also who recives the shippment and how are the products distributed? Are any other "group" discounts applied? let me know, thanks

Sleepy,
Welcome to BRS!
The major advantage of participating in a group buy, like this one is saving on shipping. The savings may be in the form of free shipping when a $ quota is met, to others where shipping is split among the group. Other perks may include additional discounts when the order is large enough, to free frags, which may or may not be distributed to those participating in the group buy. But this varies from vendor to vendor, and usually not stated ahead of time. Pickup is at the person work place or home that initiated the group buy.

Other group buys involving non-corals are posted from time to time from sponsors (ie bulbs), which give discounts when certain quantities are ordered, or quantity discounts (increasing discount as more are ordered). Pickup is usually at the store, or maybe at the meetings

Hope this helps. Have you joined BRS? Its a great way to buy/trade corals and meet new people.

Ron

Lurchin said it all. I did one with atlantis lat montha and it was great. did about 750 in orders with free shipping.

Same here. They would ship to one location and then would be picked up by the individuals. I'm still interested in doing this. they have a nice red sponge i like.

Back