Aqua Dreams

maxfischer

Instigator
i won the bid for some Zoos on e-bay from them. the auction ended at $31 for a 3" rock with about 60-75 on it. I ent to the store today to pick them up. Very nice stuff not to much SPS tons of softs and lps Zoos, muchrooms and rics.

Description

You are looking at a Truly gorgeous color zooanthid colony, with a diameter of approximately 2-3" . The skirts are yellowish-green, the zooanthids are bright red with a blue dot in the center. There are 40-50 zooanthids on the rock (maybe more). This is an uncommon color zooanthid, imported from the South China Sea and has been acclimated and thriving in our facility for 1 month.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail 2-3 days, or USPS Express Mail overnight delivery. There is no live arrival guarantee, however, we have 15 years of experience in reef aquarium husbandry and live coral handling and shipping. Your coral will be professionally handled and packaged, including multiple bags and styrofoam surrounded by cardboard box. There are no packing or box charges. We are not responsible for shipping delays causing mortality. If you have extreme temperatures in your area, please request heat or cool packs.

THIS IS A LIVE CORAL FOR SALTWATER REEF AQUARIUM ONLY. CORALS CAN CHANGE COLOR AND TAKE ON DIFFERENT APPEARANCES AFTER SHIPPING AND WHEN EXPOSED TO VARIATIONS OF LIGHTING TYPE AND INTENSITY. ALL CORALS ARE PHOTOGRAPHED WITH A DIGITAL CAMERA IN THEIR EXISTING REEF AQUARIUM AND ARE NOT DOCTORED IN ANY WAY. COLOR AND APPEARANCE MAY VARY FROM TANK TO TANK. NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS.

AQUA DREAMS is a marine aquarium store located in Feeding Hills, Massachusetts. Feel free to call us anytime with questions, toll free 877-982-REEF. We have been in business for 15 years with thousands of happy reef aquarium customers. We generally have 300-400 corals in stock at all times. We also stock an extensive selection of invertebrates, fish and live rock. Looking for ricordia, acanthastrea, acropora, tridacna clams, yuma, scolymia, cynarina, wellsophyllia, montipora, frags, zooanthids or leather corals? We have all of it, call for availability. Corals depicted on ebay are only a fraction of what's available, and yes, we do combine items to save you money on shipping. Yes, we do allow and encourage local pickups ($10 fee).

That is what the auction had for text. I would give a link , but the auction is over

Last edited:
I was there a few years ago. Nice place, good staff.
Just a damn long ride from my old place in Southie.

Anyone know what their ebay name is? Why are they charging a $10 fee to pickup? Is this something new?

chris helped me get my tank up and going. he is a great guy and full of help and knowledge. nice store with a great selection. well worth the drive

so long as i have known them to list items on ebay (about a year) there has been a $10 pickup fee.

their user id was (and i assume still is): aquadreams1

i find them to be a mixed bag.

the first time i went they had the best live rock i had ever seen (and purchased)...and i got a few decent frags for a decent price. it was frustrating that chris wouldn't give me a price for some corals, as he said he was "planning to sell them on ebay where they'd sell for far more" (that is what he told me, not speculation on my part).

on subsequent visits i found the live rock to be average.
the quality of corals seems good, but the prices on them seem pretty high.

i wouldn't go out there (from boston) just to visit them, but if i can work it into another trip 'out west' i'm happy to stop in to check it out.

just to bring this back to the table.....i live right next door to this place.....if any of the important people on this site want to set up a small unformal meeting out this way i think i could talk my wife into an afternoon BBQ on a weekend. if some people wanted to put a small trip together we could all meet up and check out the store....come back to my house (less than 10 mins away) for some grub and of coure some Sammys, then if anyone wanted to purchase any live stock from the store you can head back there after we eat and then head home.....is this something anyone might want to organize???

last time i was in there, about 2 weeks ago, it was still a work in progress...not sure if it's done now or not...maybe i'll check in after jury duty today

I couldnt find Aquadreams1 on Ebay. Can you send the ebay item # that you ordered so I can connect thru that? Thanks.

I was there last weekend; the new wall systems were in but he was still cycling the tanks. He had very limitted stock, and said he was having trouble getting more because of the heat. I live out west, and this place is by far the best place in my neck of the woods that I've found -- I got all my live rock there, and I'm very happy with it. Of course, I'm new and don't know what I'm talking about.

At any rate, if I was coming from eastern Mass, I probably would not make a special trip out there until perhaps early September; by then he should have had time to cycle his tanks and restock.

I'll post an update if I get out there again.

David

AquaDreams is having a big sale this weekend (Aug 19 & 20th). Buy 2 corals, get 1 free with the coupon from his web site.

Back