aquamedic sp3000 rotor not moving help!

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I have an aquamedic sp 3000 i picked up at the last brs meeting and i read through the instructions and maintenance to find the hose needed to be lubricated. went bought some vasaline and lubed it up but it still wont turn. I take out the hose and it turns just fine so i know the rotor itself is in working condition. Here's a pic. any troubleshooting help would be appreciated to narrow down the root cause of this problem. Maybe i applied to much vasaline? or maybe i didn't apply enough idk?

DSC05082.jpg

Did you try to locate the seller? I forget his name, but was a good kid, and I am sure he would help you.

Just a hunch, but I'm wondering if the hose was replaced with one that was slightly off in size, or too stiff.

I say that mainly because I have an old hose from an SP3000 I'm looking at right now, and my old one is a distinctly different color.

They do sell replacement hose kits but they are way overpriced, something like $15 plus. IIRC someone somewhere was working on sourcing out and selling a cheaper alternative. I don't know if that ever materialized, but I'm thinking it might add wt to the guess that it might be a mismatched replacement hose.

Anyway... If you don't get this working soon, and arent' able to clear it up with the seller, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll mail you my old tube. It has a slit where it wore out so it won't work to pump fluid, but it would work to try installing it to see if you do in fact have an incorrect size tube on there.

Again, just guessing, but LMK if you want my old hose to use to test the motor.

jk

Just a hunch, but I'm wondering if the hose was replaced with one that was slightly off in size, or too stiff.

I say that mainly because I have an old hose from an SP3000 I'm looking at right now, and my old one is a distinctly different color.

They do sell replacement hose kits but they are way overpriced, something like $15 plus. IIRC someone somewhere was working on sourcing out and selling a cheaper alternative. I don't know if that ever materialized, but I'm thinking it might add wt to the guess that it might be a mismatched replacement hose.

Anyway... If you don't get this working soon, and arent' able to clear it up with the seller, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll mail you my old tube. It has a slit where it wore out so it won't work to pump fluid, but it would work to try installing it to see if you do in fact have an incorrect size tube on there.

Again, just guessing, but LMK if you want my old hose to use to test the motor.

jk

Thx Jimmy.

Back