Aquascaping question

Dekon

BRS Member
Hi all,

I have a quick question on aquascaping. Is it OK to place my LR against my back glass or leave space between the LR and glass. I am setting up a 65 gal.; going from a BioCube29. In my BC29, I have the LR up against the rear wall and have had no problems. I not sure if this is OK to do with a larger tank. I am leaning toward placing my rock away from the back glass, but I might try and place it against it just to see which looks better. I would like others opinions.

Thanks.

I've had LR leaning against the glass for a few years now without problems. However, it does always make me nervous. I would just be very carefull placing/moving the rock and try to avoid any pointy piece from leaning on the glass.

If I could do it again, I probably would avoid leaning on glass. It does make it a pain to clean the glass around the area.

you can do it but i would suggest against it. it could disrupt the flow and make it a pain to clean. that is just my opinion though.

Some would say place it against the glass and you'd hear of having water flow dead space. So direct a power head or closed loop system to avoid it. Aquascaped away from the glass you stand a chance to topple some rock if by chance you bump it while working in the tank, unless you drilled in the rock and secured it with fibre glass driveway markers and frag epoxy to hold them in place.
I've done both but the easiest is aquascaped against the back and all would hold fine. You'll be piling rock for hours and some place it as they go and step back satisfied. Eenie, meenie, miney, moe......you pick.

Back