Aquatic Life RODI help

rfkeeper55

Non-member
Hello,
I have been unable to get my TDS down to 0 with my RODI system and I am having trouble figuring out how to fix it. My TDS out of the tap is around 460 consistently, and I am using an Aquatic Life RODI deluxe 60gpd system. When I bought the system second hand I was getting a reading of 12 TDS so I decided to change the filter canisters. Now I can't get below a 35....which is what I get after the RO Membrane so I know that is the DI stage that is being useless right now. When I first replaced the DI canister I stupidly went against what the previous owner had done and I had it with the arrow pointing up towards the cap (which is what it says on the canister). After consulting the Manual online I see that in this system it should actually be facing down with the black gasket at the bottom ( it doesn't seem to have a great fit this way but I flipped it), and I have run a few gallons through it this way but still see no change in the TDS from after the RO membrane to after the DI stage. If anyone is familiar with this system or can offer help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

After much testing I figured out what was wrong so I thought I'd post my solution for anyone that has this problem in the future. It turns out that since the DI works upside down (and at least the replacement cartridge is not tall enough to hit the blue top), it floats when water fills the chamber thus releasing the rubber gasket and allowing water to bypass the DI. By unscrewing the DI cartridge a little bit and putting a small piece of PVC on top I was able to keep it from floating once the blue top is screwed back into place. This forces the water to enter through the top of the DI and work its way out through the bottom middle like it is supposed to.

Back