Berghia Nudibranches in eastern mass

Steviereefs

Non-member
Hi guys and gals,
I'm looking for berghia nudibranches in eastern mass. EBay has them but It's more than I want to spend right now because I'm house hunting. Aiptasia is ridiculously overwhelming right now and my tank looks horrible, ID say 5/inch. I've tried aiptasia-X and that should just be banned, the crazy looking filefish worked awesome and he was a joy to have but they cannot reach the entire aiptasia. Please someone have a connection or some to sell.

Thank you
Sincerely
Steve

I've looked into berghia nudi for apatiadia eradication and quickly learned that they're expensive am deathly require some careful maintenance. And most likely my fish will just eat them all.
I went with a dozen of peppermint shrimps and they did an absolutely fabulous job at cleaning up the aptaisia. I can't even find one in the tank. Just make sure you buy enough of them.

Aptasia-X only works if you get the whole thing covered including the foot, otherwise it just sends out spores and makes more aptasia. Peppermint shrimp work well and can get into the rock crevices. Throw a few in there and give them a week or two. Good luck.

I've looked into berghia nudi for apatiadia eradication and quickly learned that they're expensive am deathly require some careful maintenance. And most likely my fish will just eat them all.
I went with a dozen of peppermint shrimps and they did an absolutely fabulous job at cleaning up the aptaisia. I can't even find one in the tank. Just make sure you buy enough of them.

Jeeze I don't know where my brain went I totally forgot about peppermint shrimp,thank you !! Alot more affordable too

Aptasia-X only works if you get the whole thing covered including the foot, otherwise it just sends out spores and makes more aptasia. Peppermint shrimp work well and can get into the rock crevices. Throw a few in there and give them a week or two. Good luck.

Yeah tell me about it, I applied it with extreme care only to create a way worse infestation, you know do a small shot into to mouth than cover the oral disc completely to seal the deal, great works on the smaller ones but the big boys laugh at it and instantly send out a army of babies. I can't even imagine trying in a large system, my tank is a 30. It's a ridiculous product if someone asks me.

Jeeze I don't know where my brain went I totally forgot about peppermint shrimp,thank you !! Alot more affordable too

Make sure it's the Lysmata wurdemanni complex. Most places will give you a deal if you buy more than 6. And it may takes a week before you see any difference but don't be discourage. They will eventually find all the aptaisia. Make sure you have enough of them in the tank so that they don't give the aptaisia the chance to repopulate.
FWIW, I used a dozen of them in my tank with less than 50 aptaisas(that I can see). I can't find a single one now.

I had a single aiptasia that quickly become a dozen. Threw in 6 peppermint shrimp and now I can find maybe 4 aiptasia, after about two months. Main thing is that their numbers aren't increasing.

Aiptasia-X absolutely sucks if you ask me. And yes, it ALWAYS made the problem worse for me.

I never tried peppermint shrimps because of the hit or miss nature for this use, and I also have LPS that I don't want them ripping food away from.

I have used berghia's with great success twice in the past. I never had a single aiptasia again. I usually only buy a couple.

Back