best combo for 6 X 39W T5 HO bulbs

Rufus

Non-member
I have a nova extreme pro 6 X 39W T5 HO bulbs and I am wondering what the best combo would be. For corals I have: green star polyps, Zoos, Mushrooms, and Xenia. I would like to be able to keep more corals and perhaps some montipora, if possible.

At the moment I am running the six bulbs in this configuration 3 10,000K, 2 actinic 460nm, and 1 Giesemann AquaBlue 11,000K. All these bulbs are old and need replacement.

what would the best bulb combo be for me? I would rather not have the end result be too heavy with actinic / blue color.

I am thinking about the following Giesemann bulb set up: 2 AquaBlue 11,000K, 1 midday 6,500K, 1 Actinic+ (40% bule and 60% actinic) and pure actinic.

I am open to suggestions, and other bulbs thoughts/ideas -such as ATI.

Thanks for the help

Rufus

I guess a definition of advanced is in the beholder :)
Rufus, go to reef central and look up The Grim Reefer's posts. Grim seems to be the resident expert and you can get lot of ideas on your T5s there.

I am moving this post over from Advanced Reef Topics (BTW who are you calling Brah...Bro...)

I have a nova extreme pro 6 X 39W T5 HO bulbs and I am wondering what the best combo would be. For corals I have: green star polyps, Zoos, Mushrooms, and Xenia. I would like to be able to keep more corals and perhaps some montipora, if possible.

At the moment I am running the six bulbs with the configuration of 3 10,000K, 2 actinic 460nm, and 1 Giesemann AquaBlue 11,000K. All these bulbs are old and need replacement.

I am thinking about the following:

Giesemann bulb set up: 2 AquaBlue 11,000K, 1 midday 6,500K, 1 Actinic+ (40% bule and 60% actinic) and 1 Actinic 460nm

or

ATI bulb set up: 4 ATI Aquablue 12,000K, 1 ATI Purple Plus, and 1 Actinic 460nm

what would the best bulb combo be for me? I would rather not have the end result be too heavy with actinic / blue color.

I am open to suggestions, thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for the help

Rufus

This is what I have front to back. I like it, blue tint but not too blue

blue+
blue+
coral+
purple+
actinic
blue+

Used to have this but it was too white

blue+
actinic