Best/easiest way to clean MH glass

JohnK

Staff member
BRS Member
I've got a year and a half worth of salt build up on the protective glass on my pendants.

Any suggestions on cleaning made easy?

I'm thinking vinegar soak then scrub in warm water. Any better ideas.

TIA

It'll be interesting to see what comes back here.
I use vinegar and a razor blade but it seems you never get that last "haze" off.

Huh, whadda you know, warm water and a light scrub worked pretty darn well.

On a side note;
Hey Marc, you know the heavy duty intermatic timers, the ones in the grey metal box that cost around $50? Ever had one die? I just lost my second one (after about 4 yrs).

Huh, whadda you know, warm water and a light scrub worked pretty darn well.

On a side note;
Hey Marc, you know the heavy duty intermatic timers, the ones in the grey metal box that cost around $50? Ever had one die? I just lost my second one (after about 4 yrs).

I've only used maybe 6-8 of them but yes one did die at about 1 month.
I've been using the cheapo outdoor timers that they sell at ACE lately not sure the name brand but they are less than $10 good luck so far. They're the black 4x4 box with a short pigtail ?

Huh.

I've never seen a plastic timer that didn't seem to start melting with 2x250w running through it.

Oh well, what's another $50 in this hobby.

Huh.

I've never seen a plastic timer that didn't seem to start melting with 2x250w running through it.

Oh well, what's another $50 in this hobby.
LOL don't jinx me here.
I originally bought one as an emergency replacement, then it worked well so the next, the next and now.....about 6 running well for over a year.
Max load so far is 3x175s on one. I don't think I'll push it further ;)

Back