Best sand option for an 8 foot tank

Gsxkid

BRS Member
So I'm looking at sand options and realizing it's going to be pretty expensive. What's my best option or place to buy it. I'm figuring I need 140-210 lbs for a 2-3 inch sand bed. At 2$ a pound I'm looking at around 300$ to 400$ for sand.

I just bought sand from Marco rocks for my 120 and 40 fuge. 280 lbs total and $220. Very happy so far and great reviews throughout

Good looks probably the best deal I've seen. Any pics of that sand in a running tank.

I had a 150-200 pounds of Marco in my tank and it was good stuff and I thought reasonably priced but it was part of a rock order so did not have to pay shipping.

I just sold my tank last weekend and the guy decided not to use the sand so it all got thrown out, bummer.

I like the tropic eden sand it's much more coarse and has options between 4.0mm and 2.5 mm sand. I mixed the meso (2.5) and reef flake (3.0). It's advantage is with more powerful powerheads we use today it doesn't blow around. But it's more expensive.

I have always used caribsea fiji pink except my most recent tanks I did all CaribSea seaflor special reef grade dry aragonite and i'll never go back to anything else. You really gotta rinse it first, but damn is it the perfect grain size.
I go for a 1-2 inch sand bed. It goes for just over $1 a pound on DrsFosterSmith especially if you find a coupon code.

Back