Best Timer strip for tank?

Dfrontiero89

Non-member
I have been wanting to buy a timer strip to hook up my t5 lights. I was going to buy the coralife strip that enables me to set 2 timed,2 timed and 4 off timer. I read bad reviews tho. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I wouldnt spend the money. Somewhere on here someone posted some pics of them on fire. He was lucky his house didnt burn. You can pic up a controller for shot money and control your lights, heaters, and whatever else you want.

Derek

Yup, they've been responsible for several fires. You're better off buying a controller. Sure it's more expensive but what you gain in control and safety more than makes up for it.

Good call. For some reason I didn't think of a controller. I have thought of getting one in the past but just looked into them again and figure all I really want to run are my lights and heater so I'm thinking the Apex Jr? Bulk Reef supply sells it with display screen for $220.00 is it even worth having the screen and should I just get it for $150 without the display screen?

Any feedback on apex controllers or Apex jr in specific would be great! Thanks!

The APEX is great, but if you just want to control lights and a heater, a reefkeeper lite might be just as good but a little less expensive IIRC.

IME The biggest problem with controllers is as you start researching them they rapidly start to get more expensive because the more features you learn about the more features you start feeling like you must have. I like being able to check on my tank online from any computer, but I sure never NEEDED that feature :)

That's what I like about it. The apex jr without the display screen only goes for $150 which seems worth it to spend that compared to the reef keeper lite. I was thinking about reefkeeper tho I just really like the idea of running the tank from my iPhone. Thanks John k, anymore info and advice would be great!

Back