Broke a record - Shortest Tank Ever

TomD

Non-member
Just didn't think this one through. Been out of reefing 3 years wanted an AIO easy reef but the Nuvo 16 with my dog is WAY too risky. Nice looking tank but if my lab/border collie got up there she could easily rip the front panel right off so that $400 out the drain lol and went off to B's place at Unique Aquaria to get a real "nano!" So 3 weeks tore it down and today setup my new setup. Much nicer. 29 cube got my controller in so its re-cycling.,

Attachments

• New BioCube.jpg
    New BioCube.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 318
That has always been one of my biggest fears. One of the two big dogs jumping up on the tank. It is bad enough when they go prancing by that the water shifts around in the tank.

Good Luck!

I hear ya. That little rimless 16 was asking for disaster. This one being more weight and a bigger tank will be fine. 29g is the smallest I can go with my dog. I remember I used to be worried with a 90! Now she is older and really doesn't care about the tank.

I feel your pain. I saw my small dog watching my 90 the other night. Luckily she is only about 30lbs. My other dog ran behind my 40b when I was building it and hit the drain pipe hard enough to crack the glass. Luckily it was only half full.

Good luck with the new tank!

Wow Jack that stinks and was one of the reasons that led to me taking down my last reef. Tank did great overnight I only had 2 little corals and a few inverts but everything made the switch. I ran a lot of carbon so looking much better today these cubes are great looking. B pointed me towards some extra LED lighting which made such a difference and gave me the whole shimmer I was missing from MH's. Here she is today. Dog doesn't seem too interested yet lol.

Never had a covered tank before so the plan for now is a pair of nice clowns and a jawfish. Always wanted one but never had a cover. Corals will be all LPS/Soft except one cap or two. So happy to be back in!new tank day 2.jpgstand with RKL.jpg

Looks nice. Be careful about the jawfish jumping into the back chambers. I found mine back there a few times. I ended up cutting a small strip of thin acrylic to extend the rim of the back chamber to prevent it from jumping back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef 1.jpgLPS1.jpgClown Pair.jpgacan.jpg

Here is an update. Tested no amonia from the switch so I added the first fish

Back