Broken-out Ethics Discussion

This is what I dont understand, I didnt start a thread, I never ID,d the seller, until everyone already knew who it was. The seller already had offered a resolution, which couldnt work in my circumstance. but I thouight was as fair as it could be. I have chocked it up to me not doing MY part and taken responsibility.

I also dont think, "because it isnt a show tank", makes it right. Its not about the price of the frags, it about the not knowing. All my rock is attached to each other, it would be impossible to remove any piece without taken the whole thing apart. In the short time I have been in into the hobby I have done a remarkable job on my tank.

I have been getting a ton of PM with members saying they agree with me, so I know I am not alone. I dont know why it has to back in forth, its a good lesson as to why to use a qt. I do for fish, but dont have the luxury of having lights for 2 tanks.

I understand, and please understand that it was not meant as disrespect to your tank.. as i said before i've never even seen your tank.

All I was saying is that this happens all the time, and with pests much worse than Dictyota and too tanks with a lot more to lose. (And FWIW i'm not saying my tank falls into that category of tanks with more to lose either)

Friendly Reminder

Calling out members is not allowed on the forum. All sales on the transpire are considered private sales and any issues surrounding those should be handled privately.
You have a few choices. Itrader, contacting the person via private means or
moving on from the situation.

Perhaps some should take the time to read the stickies at the top of any given forum on the BRS. They are there for a reason and this issue is covered in the buyer beware sticky in the marketplace
http://bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13813

Never assume anyone and I mean anyone has a clean tank and you will not bring in any unwanted pests or algae etc etc.
It is your responsibility to quarantine or treat or both any incoming livestock, rock, or sand

i did not mean to do any harm to anybodys name here, i just wanted to let everybody else know what they were dealing with if they were putting the corals in their tanks before it was to late. i understand it is my responsibility to see what pests my sellers have and i usually do find out before hand an weigh the risks, i can live with a little hair algae, cyano, and stuff like that. but if you read some of the posts, you will understand how nasty this stuff is. people have taken down huge tanks because of this, so i think its worse than some hair algae or cyano.

Back