Canister filter, charcoal, manifold, return pump, work it all in

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
OK, after awhile we accumulate the hobby related stuff/ junk, however you want to put it or who's looking at it. The idea came to mind now I'm running a basement sump and fuge was to use an old canister filter filled with charcoal and or other media, hook it up to a 4 way controlled manifold I have running off my return pump work it all back into the water system. I know I could buy a BRS Single GFO and Carbon Reactor but why not use what I've got lying around. Just an idea as stuff has been moved around in the basement and there it was and old canister filter looking to get back to work.

Just hook the old canister up on the sump for polishing. No complicated plumbing, no real DIY work, and it can take it on or off line at the drop of the hat.

The canister prop and magnet are FUBAR and the hoses are in no better condition. I have some Toro irrigation line which is 100' for $13 and has a high pressure rating. No electricity needed to run the unit. I can take it off line by a shut off valve on the manifold. Just a thought I had come to mind.

Back