Cinnamon clown aggressiveness???

tuchon35

Non-member
I have a quick question.... I have had a cinnamon clown for almost a year. It is very healthy, but recently he has started to bite me everytime i put my hand in the tank. We have a watchman goby, firefly fish, and a bi-color blenny. He does not bother any of the fish, he lets all of the fish come close, and come between him and his BTA.

Is it normal, for a clown to be this aggresive? It does not matter how close or how far away i have my hand in the tank, he will nip at me sometimes drawing blood. Or is it time to buy a pair of gloves, and stop whining?

Thanks

Buy a pair of glove and stop whining. Tomatoes (Cinamon) and Maroons tend to be aggressive ...I have a black and red and a cinamon and both chase my hand.

Len

Yup, normal. On the scale of grumpiness, the cinnamons are pretty high up there. Not much you can do with a female to make her less aggressive, she's just defending her territory. Didn't you see finding Nemo? Coral went after that barracuda.... :D

My ocellaris does this too.. she even knows to bite teh back of my hand where there are no fingers to poke her back..

Back