Clam group buy?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Today my wife and I went to Skipton to look at their clams. Those blue ones and green ones looked very nice.

Any sponcer want to do a group buy for clams? Any one who wants a group buy for clam please speak up. Speak up is the first thing toward getting a great deal on any thing.

Thanks

no offense but how could you do a goup buy on such a diverse item?
how do you determine who gets what colors, morphs, sizes?
sounds like a tough group buy unless you have a "see it before you buy it"

you might be better off approcahing a LFS and see if they would be willing to run another "special" rather than a "group buy"
If i recall, skiptons just had a large order of clams come in not too long ago, and I recall brendan at Aquarium Gallery was bringing in a large trans-shipment as well. Most LFS have a grat selection to choose from.

i have done a few pooled orders (to save on shipping) with Barry at Clams Direct http://www.clamsdirect.com/

but its going to be tough to get BRS interest and a reputable sponsor to do a "group buy" for unseen livestock.

you might be better off approcahing a LFS and see if they would be willing to run another "special" rather than a "group buy"
If i recall,

This will work.

I thought skiptons clams were priced competively? no?

Further more what kind of clams are you wanting?

clamm said:
I thought skiptons clams were priced competively? no?

They were last tiem I was there they had tons on them and they were on specail.. but it was like 2-3 weeks ago.

last year around march Skipton's ran a special BRS member sale, and this was how i ended up with my two derasa, and they had a huge selection, and it was great, all sizes and colors, there were other members there buying as well if i remember. I got two small ones for 35 each if i remember.

They had nice crocea's yesterday but they were all larger...

I agree a group buy would be hard, but if we knew a large order was coming in, the "sale" would make buying a variety of livestock items (for people who didn't want clams) specially priced would be successful.

dont forget that aquarium gallery has alot in.. didnt get the prices yet, but he said they were good prices.

Valexia said:
last year around march Skipton's ran a special BRS member sale, and this was how i ended up with my two derasa, and they had a huge selection, and it was great, all sizes and colors, there were other members there buying as well if i remember. I got two small ones for 35 each if i remember.

They had nice crocea's yesterday but they were all larger...

I agree a group buy would be hard, but if we knew a large order was coming in, the "sale" would make buying a variety of livestock items (for people who didn't want clams) specially priced would be successful.

Skiptons prices have gone up drastically in the last couple of weeks, so even with the discount, buying clams you're still looking 55 bucks for a small crocea.

(I payed $41 for a 3 1/2" one there during the summer)

The one issue I see with a clam group buy is that much of buying a clam is picking one that you like the patterns on, and it seems to me that unless the clams were bagged individually, and labeled as to who they were for, or numbered, that whoever got there last would get the shaft on picking out their clam.

If it was one of those sites where you can order the specific clam you want, (IE cherry pick) and they could label it "Crocea C3" then that would be fine. I'd just in general be worried about people having to sort through the clams and decide who was going to get what...tough to make that fair.

Back