Clown fish death ruled suicide

MrReefer

Acan addict
Didnt see my clown fish at all this morning. Found him on the ground next to the tank. Didnt realize clowns were jumpers. Next step, get a cover for my tank...

FYI-he did not jump... Like Humpty Dumpty... He was pushed.. just kidding.

Thats too bad. I hate it when things like that happen.

How many clowns do you have? I've found that during their "domestic negotiations" phase, the male can leap out while running from the super aggressive lady-to-be. I actually have half of my tank covered with egg crate right now because my two clarkii's haven't moved in together yet.

I had 2 clowns. One clarki and one false percula. The clarki was a stowe-away from an anemone and i kept him anyways, but he never got along with my f. Perc. You may be right about the aggresion between the fishes which may have caused the unual urge to leap out of my tank. Well thats what thing about this hobby, live and learn I guess :)

I picked up a cover for my 29g just today. No idea what makes them go for it. Have you left PBS TV on and within view of the tank? (i.e. the Goldfish segment where it goes free and jumps with the wild fish in the river)

Sometimes I get the urge to jump myself when the Mrs gets finicky. I didn't say that.

Oh it was two different species? Yeah they would definitely not get along. I've never seen two species fight, but they get pretty aggressive when its 2 of the same species, so I can only imagine! You could get a small false perc now. Sounds like it wouldn't be to hard for your current one to convince the new one who the boss is. Once they eventually settle down you probably wouldn't need a cover after that.

i know first hand.

i came home from work yesterday to find one of my Onyx on the floor, all stiff and dead like a dry wood.

there are only 2 of them in the 40gal breeder, and they are both Juv.

Is it a sign that somethig big going to happen on earth? :D

animals usually can detect things that we can't.

why all of a sudden we have clownfishes commiting suicide? :(

The Mayans are right! 2012 is coming! No reef tanks are safe :) I hope yo guys have better luck than I do.

Back