Clownfish moving new anemone!

Is that a maroon clown? I have a large female maroon that "loved" 2 BTA's to death. That is what mine looked like as she was hosting them. I caught her sucking on the tentacles then pulling some of them off. The couple that I had also moved around(I think it was trying to hide from the clown). I would see if you could pull the nem out to try and save it. Good luck.

So it's been a week and anemone is still in same location! :mad: How can I get him to move onto my LR? As you can see in the pic, he has a ways to go moving upward and left if it shall take it upon itself to do so. I'm wondering if I move the LR more to the right and shadow it a bit more that it will begin moving? Hate to reaquascape but it's just in a bad location.
Just add another anemone on this type a hobby we all have to do different tests

how long has the tank been set up?...looks fairly new
A month or so.

Is that a maroon clown? I have a large female maroon that "loved" 2 BTA's to death. That is what mine looked like as she was hosting them. I caught her sucking on the tentacles then pulling some of them off. The couple that I had also moved around(I think it was trying to hide from the clown). I would see if you could pull the nem out to try and save it. Good luck.

Yes, it's a maroon and his behavior is strangley different since the anemone was intro'd. He actually has been acting more afraid/shy, often darting quickly back to the anemone. And yes, he barely leaves it.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back