Coner overflow

hanse_2020

Non-member
Hi so i in the working process to upgrade to a 120 so my tank has 2 cover overflow so I want to do some nice pluming if anyone can share they're built

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_130343 (3).jpg
    IMG_20220615_130343 (3).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 109
How many holes and what size in the bottom of the overflows? Do the returns come up through them?
Check out this video

I have a 155 bow front that I'm doing this to. I drilled the back for the returns though so I keep a sleek cover without anything going over the rim.

How many holes and what size in the bottom of the overflows? Do the returns come up through them?
Check out this video

I have a 155 bow front that I'm doing this to. I drilled the back for the returns though so I keep a sleek cover without anything going over the rim.

Waiting to get pay to finish stand and Waiting for bulkhead to start pluming

My worry was not having an emergency overflow in the event of a restriction. There's not enough room to drill an additional bulkhead, so using the return for an open channel solves that problem but requires running the return over the lip or drilling for it. I'd also recommend placing the elbows for the full siphons much lower in the overflow to help prevent detritus from depositing and building up on the bottom. Do yourself a favor and be sure to use good valves from the overflows. Ball valves offer poor control. It sucks paying for a good gate valve, but you'll never regret it! Best of luck with your system.

My worry was not having an emergency overflow in the event of a restriction. There's not enough room to drill an additional bulkhead, so using the return for an open channel solves that problem but requires running the return over the lip or drilling for it. I'd also recommend placing the elbows for the full siphons much lower in the overflow to help prevent detritus from depositing and building up on the bottom. Do yourself a favor and be sure to use good valves from the overflows. Ball valves offer poor control. It sucks paying for a good gate valve, but you'll never regret it! Best of luck with your system.
Thanks will do

Back