Couple weird things popping up in my tank, need some ID help please

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
in addition I have been getting alot of mini carpets. The green ones are really neon and almost looks like it could be eggs or something with small darker green strands. The polyp looking ones are right by my main powerhead in my tank on a rock.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 306
well the top pic looks like bubble algi if it is i have that in my tank to dont think its enything for consern. the bottom i cant tell enything esides the coarls...

those arent corals, they are very tiny polyps all over a rock....look almost like a mix between a feather duster and a zoa only very small and close to 100 seemed to pop up over night.....dont think the top one is bubble algae either, its really neon green looking

hmm... idk i have bubble algae that looks like that bit its like normal green under my light not neon green.

idk i have bubble algae that looks kinda like that but ur lights are much more blue then mine. the polyps are cool looking id leave them lol

That's what I was thinking but they look a bit bigger than the ones I've seen in my tanks.

I used to get them from brine shrimp eggs when I kept dwarf seahorses.

They definitely look like hydroids, not massive pests but not benevolent.

Back