Cutting thick glass

Buy A diamond hole saw..............I just cut a 2.5in and a 1.4 in hole in my 65 with a dremel using a diamond bit a 7150.. this way takes a few hours though, and if you do go this way USE ALOT of water and dont let the glass go dry while cutting..

Get some of the cheap diamond hole saws off ebay from the guy in Hong Kong. Then use a decent drill, make a template out of wood or something, then drill it out. Drilled out my 75g and took about 10 - 20 mins per hole. I usually use some duct tape on the inner wall of the class, attach the template with a board on the opposite side with clamps, then drill while someone sprays water occasionally with a mister.

-Mike

I'm sorry guys, I meant how do you cut it. Thin pieces I can score and tap, but something that thick I wouldn't know how to do. Thanks for the advice on the drilling though!
Chris

The only precise way to cut glass that thick is with a Griffin or a diamond bandsaw. Glass shops would have both. A stained glass hobby shop would also have a bar breaker for glass 1/2 and up, but you would have to grind the edge a good bit if it was not covered. Score and break will leave you with a funky edge.

Back