dcforester tank / smartfish photos

smartfish

Rob Smart
I had the pleasure of taking some pics of Dereks tank, hope you enjoy!! IMG_9985_1.jpgIMG_0005_1.jpgIMG_0011_1.jpgIMG_0045_1.jpgIMG_0048_1.jpg

I think he saved those for another reason to go and visit.

Save some of those for the contest.

We finally get to see it eh derek? Well it was worth the wait! Looks great! Maybe its just the photographer tho! Haha

Thanks everyone, it was fun! I missed taking pics of my tank so I needed a fix. I used a tripod for most of the pictures. It is quite the work out chasing the fish around though.

Thanks to all the nice comments, and thanks Rob for stopping by. I meant to look at this when I got home from work, but I have been running around crazy all night. I stopped by the house at lunch time, and I noticed one of my SPS receding allittle. I panicked and tested for everything, and everything was fine. i got home and did some shopping for some birthday presents. I finally got home at 9:30, and took another look at the tank, I thought maybe its the PH, and when looking at the controller I got so sick, My temp was at 85.6! WTF. I knew it was hot today, but at lunch it didn't seem that bad. I never looked at the temp though, and the best part of the story is that I have a freaking chiller. what a dummy. I never finished connecting it when I did the tank swap. I am so bummed. I hope the only colony I have lost is the first one in pic#2, it is my second favorite after my pink milli. In the full tank shot its the back row third from the right. It shows what happens when we procrastinate. Well the chiller is finally connected. i had to use half dried up glue, and I didn't have cleaner, but they seem to be holding.

It could have been much worse, so i am not going to dwell on it, ok I am. Thanks again for all the comments, and it looks like Rob might have some more ammo for the pic of the month.

Thanks Derek

Last edited:
Hope the tank is back on par. So you are talking about pic #6? Is it a complete loss?

Its better, I saved about a third of it, and I got about 4 frags out of it. The thing I liked it was shaped perfect, it looked like an artichoke.LOL Hopefully that will be the only fallout. Thanks again ROB.

Back