Do all anenome's split?

gobie1313

BRS Member
I don't know what type of anenome i have, but its white with blue tentacles.
It was anchored to a large rock, which my clowns hosted in. Today it is out from under the rock and a little closed up(Looks like a cylinderwitha few tentacles sticking out of the top). Is it getting ready to split?

Can you post a pic? That may be helpful.

You mentioned it's white, it's making me wonder if it could be bleached out. If it's short tentacled, it could be a bleached out Sebae.....if the tentacles are long, it could be a condylactis (which will most likely turn browish).

Edit: to answer your question, not all anemonies split.

Oops, Cindy beat me to it.

Last edited:
Sorry no pic. When opened it looks like a sun flower- perfectly round with the body being white, and short tenticles sticking straight almost like you can lay across them and they would hold you up, with the tentacles being
being blue halfway up, and the second half that's attached to the body are white, myGSM love it.

My tentacles are more spread out, i can see rhe main body through the tenticles, the blue is not just on the tips but halfway down the tentacle. I remember the gut i got it from a while ago, said it was either a sebae, or long tentacle anenome, do they both split?

It is hard to tell if the anemone is unhappy or it is ready to split. Usually, I can not tell if mine are splitting.

Back