Do Peppermints ever eat Majanos?

NateHanson

Non-member
I have an isolated rock that came from another tank with a couple majanos. A couple days ago I noticed that one majano had apparently jumped to a neighboring rock, and was sticking out of a cave where one of my peppermint shrimp lives. The next day when I looked for it I couldn't find it anymore. Do you think the shrimp ate it? Could it be that peppermints eat these, but only when they're forced to stare at them all day?

Nate

I have never seen my peppermints eat them, I had loads of them, I broke down the system because of it. I added 6 peppermints to the tank hoping they would.
It probably went on the move again.

peppermint are hit or miss. I loaded my tank with 6 and non of even looked at them. So I feed them to my lion fish and got 4 more from a different pet store these ones are eating them but they only eat the small ones. I only have a few large ones and I'm using Joes juice on them. at least the peppermint keep them from spreading.
Also look for the brighter red ones there is 2 different kinds and only one eats majanos.

"aptasia are a type of majanos anemone"

can you elaborate? They are both annoying but I didn't know they were considered similar.

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? Majanos look very different than Aptasia. Do the anemones your peppermints are eating have long tenticles that get very narrow at the tips, or do they have shorter (less than 1/2 an inch) tenticles that are rounded at the ends?

Back