Emperor angel dying?

Jaime

Non-member
Just pick up one last night seemed fine this morning. Got home a few minutes ago he's on his side at the top of the tank. Tried to catch him to pull him out but he swims away. Any idea what could be the problem if there is one?

Any visual signs of parasites or fungus? What about swim bladder? Can it stay down or does it have to struggle to stay down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing that I can see visually he swims down doesn't have a problem staying down. He was at the store for 2 weeks no problems was eating fine. This is the second this happen with one of these. First one die within 2 weeks he was a lot bigger this one is about 3.5 inches

He was actually eating last night as I was acclimating him. I have a PBT did rough him up a bit but is not paying attention to him today.

Being bullied then would be my guess. What else do you have in there that might be mean? I am in no way experienced with angels. I have a coral beauty and lemon peel but nothing like a emperor. I am just grasping straws here [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other fish in there with a rep for being aggressive is a clown trigger. But he's not even bothering to look at the angle. I just turned up my power heads forgot to do it last night after I put him in. He's definitely swinging around now. Guessing I'll have to keep an eye keep updating and see what we come up with.

Back