Fight Cancellation - Mr. and Mrs. Clown are stuck at the airport in Jacksonville

just now flicked the lights on to see how they'd react. they're sticking to their corner so far (every clownfish pair i've ever had has done this) but they seem fine.

here's a little more eye candy.

IMG_1428[1].JPG

one has a little more white than I would have preferred, but he's got a sweet gladiator helmet. i'm thinking about 'Spartacus' and 'Sura' as names since the prettier/slightly larger one will likely be the female at some point and the little guy with the helmet can live up to his name! the jury is still out though, and my girlfriend is smarter/better looking than me so she'll probably come up with something better.

Thank you!

And all of you. Been a rough couple days for these little warriors, but they seem to be pulling through just fine. I'm almost lucky that I didn't order them yesterday because if this same thing had happened they would have arrived in the cold tomorrow.

how long do you guys usually wait to offer food?

I will feed them immediately. Great looking pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to here everything seemed to work out. Nice looking pair of clowns...

I finally just had time to look at my tank this morning and I'm seeing on my Apex that I had a HUGE pH swing downward last night...it went from 8.12 to 7.6 in a matter of a couple hours! What the hell?

This is admittedly my first time attempting a bare bottom setup (have 1/4" starboard as a base) but have never experienced a pH swing like that.

I'm on the hunt for some macro algae for the 'refugium' area to offset this a little, but could there be any other reason for a giant swing like this? I've never seen anything like it in any of my tanks. My probe was calibrated last weekend using 7 and 10, so I'm fairly certain these are accurate readings.

Could the new ammonia from the recent additions in the tank have caused this instability? It just seems really extreme. I'm at 7.95 and climbing right now but still wondering if there's anything I can do by tonight to curb this drastic swing.

Did you add the old cruddy water from their bag directly into your tank? If so, the carbon dioxide expelled by the fish over the past two days probably dropped your pH. The pH buffers in salt are very sensitive to carbon dioxide. Best solution might be to run an air stone. Ammonia might be a completely separate problem if that bag was full of it, because as the pH rises the ammonium ions will convert to ammonia, which can be toxic to the fish if you don't have a healthy bacteria yet. (Which is why ammonia can be more toxic to a fish once you open the bag and let out the carbon dioxide.) Consider a water change if you are worried about ammonia, and for your next fish purchase, I'd recommend not putting the bag water in your tank, unless you are putting into a quarantine tank first.

VERY little to no bag water went into the tank. My acclimation post above explains that i scooped out water from acclimation bucket as it was filling with tank water and refreshing my tank with freshly made saltwater. i guess CO2 could be my issue because the tank is in my office directly attached to my bedroom and it's not quite warm enough to open the windows at night.

now i'm looking at my skimmate...is my skimmer taking the kalk out of my tank water?

IMG_1461[1].JPG

Back