Florida rics from Jovana

Troubleman

Non-member
Rics have been acclimated and are in final location in tank....They look very healthy and colorful. Thanks again Jovana. Here are some pics:

Last edited:
Anyone have any care pointers on these? I have a lot of nice ones in my tank and they just don't seem to spread or thrive the way some other mushrooms do. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong with them.

The one I got from saltwaterfish.com has tripled in size and is ready to split. I haven't done much with it until a couple a weeks ago someone suggested spot feeding to get them to grow and split faster. Other than that they seem easy to care for.

bob

I agree with Cindy, I have two and the one I've had since the tank 4 months ago looked like it was going to split and has not yet. Here's a pic. Also I noticed this one has two holes(mouths)? next to each other, but the blue one I have has them far apart and this green one also has one other hole on the other side. I thought it was trying to split, but it is still one mushroom. Any thought's from Ric experts out there.

Attachments

• greenric.jpg
    greenric.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 221
I'm definitely no expert on this, but I remember reading somewhere that if you increase the flow, it encourages them to split.

Yup...Flow makes a difference in them splitting. I've seen a FL ric with 5-6 mouths and not split. Then I've seen rocks with all individial polyps.

Feeding them, placing them with less frag rock under them on a flat rock, and more flow all help them split.

you can also take a razor and cut them into pieces. that will encourage them to split. Ive done it a while back and it worked out great...just dont make them too small.

ven't been able to coax them to spread. the oranges mostly poped off of the rocks and I can't get them to re atach.

Attachments

• rics.JPG
    rics.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 143
Back