Fluval Fx6 Filter loud

capecodder

Non-member
Hi Guys,
I've searched around and seen posts about the fluval impeller being loud. I think I know the issue, but there isn't much said about it or the part. There is a small gasket on the impeller that sits on a gear looking thing...There's hardly a mention of IMG_2907.jpg
However when you push the impeller into the housing I think it comes off of that gear looking thing and allows that gear thing to rattle...This seems to be a design flaw to me, but I'm not sure what to do about it. The fluval owner's manual hardly even makes mention of it. Anyone got any experience with this issue? Thanks.

Never mind...Figured it out. However, since I've seen so many posts about this without any solution I thought I'd post the result.
That was indeed the cause of the loud rattling. When I looked at the impeller replacement part, I noticed that this gear piece and gasket didn't seem to be included. So I realized that it could come off of the impeller...It does. I gently turned and pulled it off. Then I placed the gasket around it and put it in the motor housing without the impeller. Using a screwdriver, I gently pushed the gasket firmly in so that it was snuggly in place between this gear and the motor housing. Once this was in place, I put the impeller gasket and impeller into the housing and screwed the motor housing onto the filter.... Now it's working flawlessly. Hope this helps others.

Back