Found somewhere to get interceptor in metrowest if needed

MikeG

Non-member
My vets office is finally selling this if needed, Marlborough Animal Hospital.

We bring out cats to this vet and I use to be able to get interceptor there years ago but that vet left and the new one wouldn't sell it anymore. Well he is now selling it and they new what it was for before I even told them and went to get it before I mentioned I have an account there. I just mentioned that I had a reef tank and needed a heartworm medication to treat for a parasitic copepod and the response I got was "Oh you need interceptor, how much?" It was $9 a pill for the 50-100# dog pills but it is a legal way to get it if needed. I did go in with a printout of the treatment and pictures of the bugs but they didn't need to see it.

Yes it is good to see a compassionate vet but if we all dipped more we could all worry less about such things.Glad you got the help you needed though.
BUY IT DIP IT GROW IT DIP IT FRAG IT SELL IT

Yes it is good to see a compassionate vet but if we all dipped more we could all worry less about such things.Glad you got the help you needed though.
BUY IT DIP IT GROW IT DIP IT FRAG IT SELL IT
You need the drug to dip, what can you avoid or worry less about? You still need the vet to get the drug for the dip.

Wow sorry I replied I just remember the care free days when good quality frags and colonies where treated before they where sold to unsuspecting young reefers like yourself.Redbugs,flatworms and other such nuisance pests were not really an issue.? Back when the hobby was about how much beautiful coral someone had in the system and people would talk for hours about this colorful specimen and how it came from x place halfway around the world now it's all this is worth fifty bucks a polyp and i can grow that green, blue and orange chalice and sell it for 300 bucks an eye.And the nuisance pests just seem to be more of a problem.because now its a money game. Now more and more it seems to be about how much more valuable my coral is than yours.Well good luck with your drugs.And just so you know been doing the reef thing for 20 years plus a few

Wow sorry I replied I just remember the care free days when good quality frags and colonies where treated before they where sold to unsuspecting young reefers like yourself.
There was no mention of sales anywhere in my post and I don't sell much on the forum so not sure where the money comment is coming from. Just trying to pass along a place for reefers to get interceptor legally as it is the only known dip against redbugs (barring the recent threat on RC about the pesticide). And I definitely wouldn't call myself an unsuspecting young reefer, been around for quite some time and know a thing or two about reefing.

Just trying to help out other reefers in the area.

There was no mention of sales anywhere in my post and I don't sell much on the forum so not sure where the money comment is coming from. Just trying to pass along a place for reefers to get interceptor legally as it is the only known dip against redbugs (barring the recent threat on RC about the pesticide). And I definitely wouldn't call myself an unsuspecting young reefer, been around for quite some time and know a thing or two about reefing.

Just trying to help out other reefers in the area.

thanks for the info could you do a walk in and still get some

Wow sorry I replied I just remember the care free days when good quality frags and colonies where treated before they where sold to unsuspecting young reefers like yourself.Redbugs,flatworms and other such nuisance pests were not really an issue.? Back when the hobby was about how much beautiful coral someone had in the system and people would talk for hours about this colorful specimen and how it came from x place halfway around the world now it's all this is worth fifty bucks a polyp and i can grow that green, blue and orange chalice and sell it for 300 bucks an eye.And the nuisance pests just seem to be more of a problem.because now its a money game. Now more and more it seems to be about how much more valuable my coral is than yours.Well good luck with your drugs.And just so you know been doing the reef thing for 20 years plus a few

Are you saying that people shouldn't be treating for pests?

While I agree with you the hobby has changed to a degree, not so much about keeping a reef tank as much as what is in it. But I don't ever remember a time it was common place to dip corals before they were sold to anyone. Unless you mean some people are responsible enough to dip their incoming corals. I also remember not too long ago when we found out about Red bugs(2004) and then went through a period where we felt somewhat safe, until AEFW(2005) came to be know.

Personally I would hope this thread could serve as a educational piece for newer reef keepers to learn what they are up against. As I know some fail due to the pest they have no idea exists and do not know how to treat. Never mind prevention. It also shows that with the knowledge we have together we can achieve greater heights in our quest to keep reef tanks. Some of our own member helped test the treatment for redbugs when it was originally tested. This is what I would like to see fostered.

I have been in the hobby for 20+yrs as well. I have have seen a lot come and go. But one thing is for sure as a collective group reef keepers a have accomplished some great things, despite some extremely large hurdles.

FWIW there are still many old school reef keepers around.

Last edited:
Back