Frag/fuge tank light

sciknen

$20.00 PEOPLE, COME ON.
Well i will be setting up Bio pellets. And im thinking about making my once fuge a little frag grow out whatever tank. Pretty much just throw zoas down there to clear up rack space for sps and lps that i feed

It is 12" front to back x 11" longx 12" deep water is about 8" deep. There is about a 3-4" sand bed so not too strong of a light.. I will jsut be sticking the plugs into the sand. no rack

Anybody with experience with tiny fixtures? Whats good? efficient?

Was thinking maybe a LED build for this. Good Idea?

I'm lighting my 2.5gallon (12"x6"x8") with a 13w x 2 PC fixture. So far zoa's seem to like okay. But with your squarish shape (assuming the 12"x11" is useable) I would think a 70w MH would work great, and be simple. LED's would be fun, but the complexity and electrical DIY factor involved seem more suitable to display lighting, to me.

if you dont much care about looking at them you could do an all blue led fixture, probably wont get much algae with that, probably something similar to my build in the diy section would do niceley. if i were to do it again i could definateley do it for cheaper.
non dimming led drivers that can run out of the wall can be done for about 10 dollars for 6 leds which could be enough for this
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13690, two of these together should give you plenty of light for 8 inches.

Back