Frogspwan reproduction???

Nicole79

Zoa addict
I think My fogspawn had a baby!

about a week ago, I came home to the tiniest bit of frogswan hanging out of my orange plates mouth..looked just like my large one. I didnt think much of it as it was a tiny tiny piece (only noticible by the green contrast in the center of the orange plates mouth

Today I came home and found floating around my tank is a tiny little frogsawn. literally a little frogspawn the size of a quarter.

It landed on some venus fly traps which appeared to be trying to eat it. I placed it in a shot glass up on my frag rack because the current just makes it fly all over the tank.

Did my frogspawn have a baby? Is that even possible?
I would guess that my frogspawn lost a head but its has about 3 giant heads which open to the size of a softball when fully inflated, this little frogspawn looks exactly the same but miniature.. non of the heads on my "mother" are this tiny

Its basically an entire head, the size of a quarter with no visible skeleton, I will try go get pics of it.

Any experience on this or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I put some netting over the shot glass and secured with a rubber band,also added a small piece of rubble in hopes it will attach on its own.
Time will tell, I'm going to keep my eyes open for more.. feel bad that the plate ate one before i realized what it was.

Hopefully this one will grow, It does have a complete mouth and is super "sticky" stuck to my fingers, the shot glass etc

very nice, i had a nano at work at one point with a goni in it and it sprouted a baby, was very strange because it was just flesh but eventually the skeleton will start to form. congrats grandma :cool:

Back