Gem tang not happy

Zirky

Non-member
I added three new baby tangs to my system yesterday. Every body else is swimming around happy and energetic but my shinny net gem is hugging the bottom of the tank. Hell swimm up stream and float down he looks fine and pecks at the rocks a little and chase’s food with vigor and is a little fussy but eats. Should I be worried or taking steps to setup a hospital tank?

Which other three tangs did you add? He could be nervous with other tangs being in the same tang. Not all tangs get along.

I have a white tail bristle tooth and a purple but he’s the biggest of the three. There’s definitely some posturing but no actual aggression in fact they all seem to be getting along.

That is good news. Just be careful with the purple tang. Gem and Purple belong to the same family and there could be more aggression as they grow.

As a general rule in this hobby, a less expensive fish kills more expensive fish :)

That is good news. Just be careful with the purple tang. Gem and Purple belong to the same family and there could be more aggression as they grow.

As a general rule in this hobby, a less expensive fish kills more expensive fish :)
Always!! I would take out the purple tang immediately

I would. but the three of them have formed a wolf pack. My leopard wrass cam outa the sand and they chased the poor thing around the tank like he was wearing seaweed cologne. So I pulled my two clowns outa the fuge and setup my auto feeder. Things have settled down.

Back