Getting out of the reefing thang...

JustDavidP

Non-member
Folks,

Keep an eye out on the "market place forums". I'm breaking down the ol' 75G. Some friends are picking through the contents before I let you lot o' sharks at it :) My livestock list will be posted before the end of the week.

I'll still have my seahorse system(s) and continue to be a member of BRS. I'll be here, posting, participating etc. I'll just not have a reef for some time. This is being done for no other reason besides the fact that my reef needs more of my time than I can give it now. My new position has me traveling LOTS. When I am home, I coach two baseball teams. I'm wiped out..and before my reef gets wiped out, I'm going to do the "right thing" for the critters.

Thanks to everyone who made my "One Particular Harbor" what it is today. I'll be building a new system into my family room wall in '06 once I settle in to what is "my life" today.

Be well,

Dave

LMAO... how long have I known you now? I'm getting a Nitroglycerin pill ready for the day you actually do set one up... I'll be in total shock :)

Moe Just take a picture of your dream tank and enlarge it so it'll fit on the front of your EMPTY tank. That way you'll have a sudo reef tank:).

Should we start a pool to see who has a reef first? Hey Dave I thought you were thinking of a room divide for the next set up in the basement.

Mike,

That's still the plan. I'm sick of my kids taking over my first floor. I'm finally going to finish the basement properly as a second family room/den. The area between the TV room (where the tank is now) and the walk out basement will have a wall put in and that's where the tank will live. It's going to be the backdrop for the bar. The kids can have the side where the tnak is now. I'm keeping the other three rooms as a bar and game room.

D

Dave

Holy crap!
That sounds like a fun place to hang out.
I may spend more time over Dave's house than Gustavo does. ;)

Dave-
Wow I cant belive what I am reading! Sorry to hear this.
Shoot me a list of your fish, I am in the market for a couple.
Jeff

Hate to see you leave but have a nice vacation from reefing. I still remember you gave me this quarter-size green star polyp at one of our meeting and now its about 7-8" across. thanks! and if you're looking for some GSP in the future, dont hesitate to ask. I just hope I'm still in the hobby then.

this is me said:
I still remember you gave me this quarter-size green star polyp at one of our meeting and now its about 7-8" across. thanks! and if you're looking for some GSP in the future, dont hesitate to ask. I just hope I'm still in the hobby then.

This is what it's all about. I paid for just a couple/few corals in my reef. I think I've only sold a couple/few frags myself. Other than that, it's good to know who has most of the progeny from the system. MikeG for instance, has pretty much one of everything that was in my reef.

It's not an "IF", but a when. You can't get the reef out of my blood (boy did that have a different meaning in high school ;) ). I WILL be setting up this new system as soon as possible and I KNOW I'll be able to re-stock without issue.

Again, I'm not leaving BRS and I most CERTAINLY will be keeping my H. Reidi tank (I'm hooked on those darned things). I'll still be around and will still be yappin my fingers off on this board.

See y'all soon,

D

Hey Dave,

2 of the 4 frags had nice polyp extension this morning, hopefully the other 2 acros will be looking good by the time I get home today. The SH tank is coming along great, it's a nice little set up!

Mike,

Remember that a couple of those (the teal acro and Lam's blue/purple) were in crevaces and will need some time to re-acclimate to lighting. Best of luck!

D

Those are the 2 that aren't looking great, but I wasn't expecting them to because they were taken out of the rockwork or in crevices.

Hey Dave, sorry to hear the reef is going ( for now ) but glad to hear you are doing whats rite for the critters :) U know when you reset just give a shout what I got is yours when ready ;)

Thanks! I know this to be true of all my BRS friends.

Yes, it's best for the reef and for my schedule now. I can't believe how easy it is to keep the ponies though. My big male is already carrying :) I'm going to set up some rearing tanks and play with them for now.

When the in wall reef is set up, I'll come a knocking to a lot of folks ;)

D

Back