Google Cambridge Office Tank

wpeterson

BRS Member
I was sad to breakdown our tank in the Bay Area when we moved back here over the weekend. Surprisingly, there's a beautiful ~ 180 gal (2'x3'x4'?) in the Google Cambridge offices right near my new desk:

2016-04-18%2010.28.13.jpg

Does anyone know who manages this tank? I'm sure one of the local companies must manage it.

There's a nice assortment of fish (two blue spotted jawfish, yellow tang, chevron tang, blue tang) and some LPS/soft corals. Looks like T5 lighting, but I can't see the canopy.

Very cool!
Welcome back by the way!!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing folks at the May meeting, sad I just missed the April meeting.

We're renting a house now but hoping to buy sometime in the next year - so I'm trying to keep myself from setting up a tank in the meantime until we're done moving :) At least having a tank at work may tide me over a bit until then.

I am amazed there is no advert on the tank in regards to who maintains. Did you open up the doors on the cabinets?

Nice tank! Going to see if you can get your hands in that tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice tank! Going to see if you can get your hands in that tank?

Hah, I'd be glad to if they wanted help. It's been 3-4 weeks since I broke down our tank, enough that even a smelly skimmer cup makes me nostalgic.

I opened the cabinet/canopy and it looks like they have a 40 gal sump an some AI Sol lights on it. Along with MP40s or MP60s (hard to judge the scale on a large tank).

I managed to catch the guy doing some maintenance today and the company is SomthingFishy out of Warwick, who I'd never heard of before.

im supprissed that somthingfishy is still in buisness. they would be that last buisness i have service my tank. after what they did to a family memebrs tank

They used to have a trial store at rumfords pet center. The tanks were always clean and quality livestock. Although when they pulled out and moved everything back to warwick it seemed the prices went up considerably. Only went once but was not all that impressed. Never had any personal knowledge of a tank set up or maintained by them

Back