Got lucky today!

MrX

Non-member
(Not like that you pervs!)

Did my weekly water change/quick clean up yesterday. I turned off all my pumps and the heater (RSM C-250). When I was done I turned on everything but the heater for some reason.

I should have listened to the little voice in my head last night that kept asking "Did you turn the heater on?"... but I didn't get up to check.

No heat on in the house yet, and the inside temp dropped down to mid-50s I think MrsX said.

When I got up and finally checked the tank it was at 70 degrees; the T5s had been on for a while so that probably raised the temp some. Kole Tang seemed to be affected more that all the littler fish; and the white/pink BTA I have was curled up super tight (it had been closed up for two days, but was even tighter balled).

I turned the heater on, and popped in another to help out.

Everything survived, and nothing seems any worse for the wear.

Man do I miss my controller... guess it's time to invest in another one.

I'm glad that you didn't lose anything. Everytime I do a water change on one of my tanks, I feel like I'm taking a risk. Usually it's the lights. I flip the little button on the timer to make them go on so I can see, then I forget to put it back on timer. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket today!

Back