Greetings!

Clurin

Non-member
Well, the message at the top of the page keeps bugging me to post my first message, so in order to make it go away, I think I will. :)

I began my foray into saltwater almost a year ago now with a 24g Aquapod. I enjoy the tank, but the size and lighting are becoming limiting. I also have not used RO water (have a unit on order from The Filter Guys), and thus have been constantly battling hair algae. In the fall I will be moving, so I have decided to cut down to two tanks (I have 3 now, 2 are fresh), so I am moving my freshwater animals into a spare 55G, and turning the 65G into a salt tank.

I have ordered a Current Outer Orbits light system (2x 250MH w/4x Actinic T5), and I plan on running 2 AquaClear 110 Power Filters, modded to be Refugiums along with a couple powerheads for flow. My stand unfortunately does not have room for a sump, hence the 2 AC's.

I work at the Fish Nook Pet Center in Acton on Sundays, and that is where I get most of my livestock.

Thanks for reading, and see you around!

Hi Clurin,

fishswim.gif

to the Boston Reefers' Society!

you should see a recession of that bad old hair algae once you start using that ro water :) :)
I remember when I first switched.. it was a miracle!! the furry tank morphed into a really cool looking one!
brsanime.gif

Back