has anyone heard of this place

MikeyDew07

Non-member
Not really shore if this is the right place for this question but here it is anyways has anyone heard of this place uncle neds fish factory in millis Ma. Let me know goin down to check it out but would be nice for some input before I head down there thanks

Its a great freshwater store. They have an amazing selection of cichlids that were all labeled with their scientific name. Lots of hard to find fw fish and shrimp, too. Its the only place nearby that I've actually seen celestial pearl danio/galazy raspora's at. Their saltwater selection was smaller and pricier than my local store so I didn't pay too much attention to what they had instock.

Its a great freshwater store. They have an amazing selection of cichlids that were all labeled with their scientific name. Lots of hard to find fw fish and shrimp, too. Its the only place nearby that I've actually seen celestial pearl danio/galazy raspora's at. Their saltwater selection was smaller and pricier than my local store so I didn't pay too much attention to what they had instock.

yup, i'd generally agree with that. I've been there a few times for freshwater fish back when i used to be more interested in those, but the saltwater selection is pretty limited and a bit more pricey. If you're in the area it might still be worth checking out though..

I have only been there once, about a year ago. I purchased some live rock and soon found out that it had a few aiptasia hidden in a couple crevices. I can agree with the others that the saltwater section is a bit lacking. I can't comment on the prices however as I forgot what I paid.

I don't know much about freshwater, but they definitely seem to focus on it more.

I live right down the street from this place, and for Saltwater/Reef, I wouldn't waste my time going there more than once or twice a year. The SW selection is usually very limited and very neglected and the store is usually very dirty.

Neds is great! I go there quite often and I always see something new. His prices seem a bit high, but they reflect true quality and scarcity of the fish he stocks. He does not have a large selection of marine fishes, but his cichlid selection is second to none.

It really is a Cichlid lovers dream. Looking for a really rare/new Lake Victorian?
Ned has it...or can get it.....and knows all about it.
Great wealth of information.

Well an african cichlid lovers dream maybe. I haven't been there in years. Freshwater selection (cichlid) depends if he just got an order in or not. His south and central american cichlid selection is alright imo. Usually has some oddballs on hand and the closest place I've seen Potamotrygon henlei and P. leopoldi rays. That was some years ago unless they still have them.

When I was breeding Apisto's (hence my user name) Ned and I were like neighbors. I was there almost daily. His cichlid selection is second to none. He doesn't do much in the way of reef, but his shop is impressive none the less.

If you like fish, it's worth the trip.

You need to go at least once! Got my discus there a few weeks ago. The saltwater section is sad. The whole place gives the feel of Building 19. But these Guys know there stuff. You can find an old video of the place on YouTube by doing a web search.

I agree that they don't seem to be very into saltwater, but they do seem to be very strong on freshwater.

I would relate visiting their store as being the freshwater equivilant of Greg Hiller's house. Not fancy, but if your interest is freshwater, they are the gurus. If you want to see fancy, expensive, "show off", equipment, look elsewhere....

Also, they are very nice people IME, just not that into saltwater.

i love this place . its dark,kinda smells,looks like a pot heads basement, and has some of the BEST FW fish i have ever seen. but yea i just cant comment on how awesome the selection is there. sam there also shares my passion for fancy plecos :). i wish they would get a better marine and coral selection tho.

Back