Heat/Humidity Wave

Curren007K

Non-member
Hopefully the heat/humidity wave broke because its been wreaking havoc on my tank.
Most of my SPS has bleached over from the temperature spikes.
I rely on my a/c in the living room with the display tank to knock the room temp down.
But down in my basement with the sump I only have an exhaust fan to vent the excess humidity, it usually stays cool down there but not the past couple weeks.
With the ambient temp/humidity pushing 90 degrees 80/90% I wasn't getting any relief. :apologetic:

How'd everyone else make out?

I have a chiller and fans going . knock on wood all has been fine . but my chiller did run a lot . even with leds

AC's and fans have kept my tanks nice and cool. Max of 79°F on all except one of my tanks that's in my kitchen.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I keep my AC at 81 since 2 days ago when my tank finally reached 86℉ and my building is north facing. Never expected this much.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm.... So its not just me. Been running at 82-83 degrees most days. Haven't found a really good solution. Or cost effective? Is that the word I'm looking for? Ha ha.

Mines been like 82-83 also. Yesterday almost got to 85. The frozen water bottle thing brought it down maybe 1 degree. My corals and fish didnt seem harmed in anyway. They actually looked very happy.

Back